• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Overwatch outdoors transformer vs orion

cincyprostheticguy

SH Member
Looking for feedback from those who have or had both of these saddles by overwatch and which they preferred and why? What size?

I took a trip to Clearfield to get with @JCLINE84 to try them both. I am 6' 3" about 225 Lbs. With a 40" waist. For some reason, maybe a big butt, the single panel saddles I have tried, where the bridge loops attach to the saddle, the webbing digs into me. This happens no matter where I locate the position of the saddle. Jamie seemed to think it was my big A__. The transformer has 4 comfortable straps that spread my weight over several square inches of area. I went home with the Transformer. Just got it a week ago, only sat in in long enough to drink two beers but I can tell this is going to work well for me. The build quality is 100% and I love the leg straps and waist belt. And the quick adjustable bridge.

Following... I am looking for the same info. I have a Transformer and it is definitely comfortable (and well built), but I am not a big fan of the D-rings for bridge loops, and I don't really open the 2 panels much for it to be comfortable for me. I really think I would like the Orion better, but just don't know for sure.

I have both but it’s -30 here right now so haven’t sat much in the Orion. I had a few minutes in it the other day when it wasn’t this cold. It feels much lighter. I also felt like it cupped my butt. I have no idea on potential pinch as I didn’t do anything other than climb and sit for a few minutes and come back down. For the short time I was in it, it was very comfortable. Like the transformer the quality is top notch.

Back