• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ozone devices...

Mackerel

Like most people, I won’t just buy anything that tells you what you want to hear. I’m looking to buy a small ozone emitter that I can throw in a tub with my clothes for 5-10 minutes and be fine with that. I know it kills rubbers and elastics I just want to know if anyone can vouch for a decent emitter. OZONICS is out of the question, I will not risk breathing in O3 when possible.

Thanks a lot fellers!

Amazon has ozone units for 40-50 bucks. Maybe even less. Most of them have buttons you push to determine how long it will run. I’d start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a HME throw and go I picked up on sale for use in tub and in the truck (not while in it though) and i also have a unit from amazon as suggested above that I use in a garment closet i got from amazon. Both work well imo and are pretty economical

Like most people, I won’t just buy anything that tells you what you want to hear. I’m looking to buy a small ozone emitter that I can throw in a tub with my clothes for 5-10 minutes and be fine with that. I know it kills rubbers and elastics I just want to know if anyone can vouch for a decent emitter. OZONICS is out of the question, I will not risk breathing in O3 when possible.

Thanks a lot fellers!
Buy the HME Scent Slammer...I bought it for my Iowa trip...it works awesome...great little unit

That’d be great and I’d really appreciate it!

fee772da854e6fb322ff3b8b9cb0daf8.jpg

not trying to steal your thunder but I just had to walk downstairs so I figured I’d throw a pic up awhile. Here is the one I picked up 2 years ago and it still works great. I use it both in a tub ( just make a small hole and run the hose inside) and also in a garment closet. Downside is it is electric which is why I also got the hme throw and go.

not trying to steal your thunder but I just had to walk downstairs so I figured I’d throw a pic up awhile. Here is the one I picked up 2 years ago and it still works great. I use it both in a tub ( just make a small hole and run the hose inside) and also in a garment closet. Downside is it is electric which is why I also got the hme throw and go.

Does it come with the tubing?

Does it come with the tubing?
Yep...there are also several pumice type balls that go on the end of it and omit to ozone...the directions are pretty clear but you use the grey ones...I believe the other one is for liquids...apparently there are benefits to using it in your drinking water, i read a little about it but never tried it.

Does this one happen to have a timer?
Yes. It goes on for an hour then on for 5 minutes each hour until the battery dies. That is what I remember reading. I could be wrong.
I keep it in my pack and pull it out from time to time and turn it on while I'm hunting. I can smell ozone.
Edit: Just read the Amazon description. On for 30 minutes then five minutes each hour.

I bought this one too and 10 minutes in a bathroom eliminates all musty odors from steamy showers. I tried 20 minutes and smelled ozone for 3 days.
It is too much for home use unless you like power.

I bought this one too and 10 minutes in a bathroom eliminates all musty odors from steamy showers. I tried 20 minutes and smelled ozone for 3 days.
It is too much for home use unless you like power.
My (much) better half runs a tight ship in the house so this is just for the truck and hunting gear.

My (much) better half runs a tight ship in the house so this is just for the truck and hunting gear.
The little one works great in the car. I was surprised at the deodorizing ability. It should do a complete job in a bin.

It doesn’t take much. I have a scent crusher closet and the first year I’d always run it for ten minutes after every hunt. By the end Of the season all elastic bands in my hunting clothes were destroyed. My clothes would smell of ozone every time I pulled them out to hunt. The lowest setting is 5 minutes and that’s probably overkill.

That's the one I bought and I love it, So much I bought a couple more.

Back