• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ozone generator- how are you using it?

CooterBrown

SH Member
So i got one of those whole room ozone generator from Amazon how are y'll using it to kill human odor on boots and hunting cloths?

I swear I am going to die of cancer from Ozone. Be careful with too much, I have made mistakes taking too many chances.
That's why I'm trying to figure out the best way to harness its power. Its made for a whole room but i want to use it for hunting gear and clothes.

What about using it on your bow? how would the ozone affect the string ect? How do you clean the human scent from your bow release and bow sling?

I have an above ground storm shelter in my garage, put my hunting stuff in there (except bow) and zoned it, not sure it likes rubber products so well. Seems to work best to ozone before you leave to hunt.

I would not use it on my bow……. As for the one you got you could fab a funnel on a hose & tape it over to output & it would work or put it in the bottom of one of those hanging enclosed closet racks

Imade myself a hunting trailer.
Enclosed 6x12 V nose.
Bunk beds, coffe pot, microwave, frerzer and a small gerator.
So I want to buy the ozone geny to deodorize my stuff but at the same time it kills every living thing.
Bugs be gone.
Anyone using one in like a closet or something should know to ventilate the heck out of the room before you go in.

I have an ozone unit similar to this. You certainly don’t want to breathe in the amount of ozone these units put out.

What I personally do is set up a tent in the garage or outside, hang my hunting clothes and anything else I want to gas in the tent, then close the tent and leave a gap in the zipper door big enough to stick the business end of the ozone unit into the tent and prop it up there so the ozone blows into the tent but the fan on the unit is able to suck in fresh air. Then just let it run for 10-15 min. They pump out so much ozone that’s all you should need IMO to do enough scent killing.

We used to do this also with our groceries early on in Covid to help kill any germs that might be on them. Maybe helped maybe didn’t, but made us feel better at the time anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imade myself a hunting trailer.
Enclosed 6x12 V nose.
Bunk beds, coffe pot, microwave, frerzer and a small gerator.
So I want to buy the ozone geny to deodorize my stuff but at the same time it kills every living thing.
Bugs be gone.
Anyone using one in like a closet or something should know to ventilate the heck out of the room before you go in.
Nice. i dont have that option right now

I have one of those portable tent style showers think I will try this and see how it works.

I just put anything I want to deodorize in a small room in basement, turn the machine on via timer and walk away.

Back