• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

PA public land longbow buck

mattpsu1

SH Member
First year hunting out of the saddle, needless to say, I’m now officially addicted. Harvested this fella yesterday evening at about 1830 with my Tolke Pica topped with a 150 Magnus Stinger 2 blade. Took out both lungs and top of the heart. He didn’t go 50. 9D5C88E4-1369-4A43-B6DD-42AED9E7911C.jpegC1FDE350-D9F8-42D3-B1DE-8419CC857A4B.jpeg73789D57-D472-48D5-8D61-6717BAFDAE7D.jpeg

Nice deer brother I would sh@# myself if something that big ever came out!!! In coastal NC our deer never get close to that, at least where I live they don't!! Here if they got horns they get shot but nobody wants to shoot does go figure!!!

Thanks go out to everyone. This saddle is gonna be a game changer. I’m new and have a lot to learn but I really enjoy coming to this site and reading and learning...even if it costs me $3k I probably dropped since spring. It’s like an addiction. I think y’all know exactly what I’m talking about. Only allowEd one buck in PA so I’ll be impatiently waiting for a full year. Maybe I’ll take that heavy arrow leap. Made a great shot actually, steep angle and quartering away but didn’t punch thru the other shoulder and with entry being so high, hardly any blood. Didn’t go far tho. I didn’t hear him go down and he was thru some thick stuff, but that lighted knock made my job a lot easier. It was glowing like a beacon after I created a small hill. And to think , I almost went back to regular knocks this year.

Man. Saddle, traditional AND public land kill. That’s a fine trifecta there. Strong work.

Did you hit bone? Buried in opposite shoulder?
If you were just in ribs, I’d definitely be looking for a change.
Congrats on a great hunt. It did the job regardless.

Back