• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

PA Youth Mentor License

Swingin' Free

My home state of NY doesn't have anything close to this. My kids have 5 years until they can hunt in NY. Anyone willing to impart some words of wisdom before I fall down this hole?
Is it a war zone youth weekend?
Still no hunting on most Sundays?
Seems to good to be true
I must be missing something...
I tend to do that..
Any info is appreciated
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230429_193114_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230429_193114_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 19
No big game hunting on Sundays except the Sunday after thanksgiving, the Sunday leading up the final week of archery, and the Sunday of bear rifle. They're lots a asinine PA rules but no Sunday hunting is the one I can't get over the most. Sorry to hear about NY dumb rules. Ive been hunting since I'm 7 because of the mentored youth stuff

Last edited:
I would encourage getting them out for small game hunts like skwerl or rabbits and use a lot of that time for teaching woodsmanship skills. Teach them about finding sign for all types of critters, how to read maps, how to navigate with a compass and gps, etc. 5 years of that plus letting them do observation hangs while you hunt will put them way ahead of the curve when it is time for them to step up to big game.

My words of wisdom. Unless they don't allow them a field. Only you and your child knows who pulled the trigger.

Back