• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pack for JX3??

Thetrueredneck

SH Member
So I have been learning my JX3 the past 2 weeks and what I found was that I am not flexible enough to reach the back of it when I’m in the tree. I came across this pack and wanted to see what anyone else was using since for the most part the Hybrid is a pack in it self.

Salty price but that thing is pretty cool! I’ve been wanting something like that too for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After using mine for most of the season I don't want any more bulk in front of me effecting a bow shot. I put a summit climbing tree stand bag on mine and it fits the bill but I will be working on a better attachment point. I also heard that John was releasing a JX3 bag so I will take a look at that.

Last edited:
After using mine for most of the season I don't want any more bulk in front of me effecting a bow shot. I put a summit climbing tree stand on mine and it fits the bill but I will be working on a better attachment point.

What do you mean you out a summit climbing tree stand on yours? Do you have a picture? I have 2 climbers in my garage I could use.

I don't think you'll like sitting there with all that bulk in front of you. I added two Dan O pouches to molle connection points on the right and left side webbing. I can fit a lot of crap into those two pouches and they are easily accessible during the sit and during the climb (as long as you allow the seat to hang open during the climb). Another option is to use a fanny pack and hang it off the bracket behind your neck during the climb and then just attach around the tree (using the waist straps) during your sit.

See attached pic. I don't have a pic on me with the pouches attached, but these are the connection points I'm talking about. You can tuck these into the JX-3 while packing in and then just leave them hanging during climb. Obviously, during sit, they will be totally available when hooked up to bridge. I also attached pic of fanny pack in the tree.

Attachments

• Molle Connection Points.jpg
    Molle Connection Points.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Fanny Pack in Tree.jpg
    Fanny Pack in Tree.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 168
What do you mean you out a summit climbing tree stand on yours? Do you have a picture? I have 2 climbers in my garage I could use.
forgot to put bag in the sentence. I use a bag made for a summit climber on the JX

I just use several fleece bags from Dan O. No pack. I stuff clothes between the seat and back. I attach my bow to the back using the leg straps.
I don’t need a pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One thing I like about this pack is the gear stacks ‘horizontally’ across several pockets, rather than ‘vertical’ which creates a more narrow thick pack... I’m using a Hornhunter pack and it has the opposite orientation, and so hinging the seat to sandwich the pack in is such a pain - at least later in the season when I’m carrying more - that I usually have it mounted on the back of the seat ‘outside of the sandwich’ when I hike. Philosophically I’m also shooting for a pack lighter than 1.5 lbs because it would annoy me to carry a full weight backpack when I already have one (the JX3). Like you, I’m not hanging the pack behind me when I hunt because it’s a pain to reach and requires more movement, and I feel my profile is already plenty big. I also don’t climb with the pack on. Does my pack hanging on the tree get in the way when swinging to my right? Yep, sometimes. A flatter pack would alleviate that as well if you’re hanging the pack in front of you.

One thing I like about this pack is the gear stacks ‘horizontally’ across several pockets, rather than ‘vertical’ which creates a more narrow thick pack... I’m using a Hornhunter pack and it has the opposite orientation, and so hinging the seat to sandwich the pack in is such a pain - at least later in the season when I’m carrying more - that I usually have it mounted on the back of the seat ‘outside of the sandwich’ when I hike. Philosophically I’m also shooting for a pack lighter than 1.5 lbs because it would annoy me to carry a full weight backpack when I already have one (the JX3). Like you, I’m not hanging the pack behind me when I hunt because it’s a pain to reach and requires more movement, and I feel my profile is already plenty big. I also don’t climb with the pack on. Does my pack hanging on the tree get in the way when swinging to my right? Yep, sometimes. A flatter pack would alleviate that as well if you’re hanging the pack in front of you.

you are thinking along the same lines as me. I wanted something I could easily bring up the tree either on me or pull it up ( would rather wear it ) and then just wrap it around the tree and use. I also like the idea of fleece bags I think I may be able to make some myself maybe.

you are thinking along the same lines as me. I wanted something I could easily bring up the tree either on me or pull it up ( would rather wear it ) and then just wrap it around the tree and use. I also like the idea of fleece bags I think I may be able to make some myself maybe.

I even have a large fleece bag for my bow. My sister made it for me Light. The bow is held to the hybrid with the leg straps. After that...
Small fleece bags attached here and there are all I need for the JX 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not a complaint, just an observation, the side molle can be a little tricky because a good portion of it is loose / flopping around when the seat is folded for hiking. But posts like this will keep inching us toward JX3 nirvana.

Y’all have trouble when you attach a Molle pouch to bu upright when sitting that when you fold back the seat the pouch turns upside down?

Y’all have trouble when you attach a Molle pouch to bu upright when sitting that when you fold back the seat the pouch turns upside down?
Not if it has a drawstring. Zip it tight and tuck it with bridge between seat and back. No issues.

I have the pack rabbit and the jx3, in my opinion they do not go well together, with the jx3 you dont want anything between you and the bridge/tether, I just use this pack with my kestrel or ground hunting with jx3 as a ground chair

Anyone know of any packs that are relatively wide and flat? Something that would fit nicely between the back and chair when folded up, and can hang on the tree at elevation. I hope JX3 offers a pack specifically for the hybrid in the future

Back