• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Paracord bow stringer?

Tr33_n1nj@

SH Member
Hey guys quick question. I have a Samick Sage in my hand and a stringer that won’t be here for another week. Can I whip up one out of paracord that will get me through the week? I know I can just do the leg thing but I’d rather do it the “correct” way. Tried a google search but looks like everybody wants to put leather on it for long term use, I don’t have any of that laying around but I have plenty of paracord and Amsteel.

Just didn’t trust 550 cord. Ended up putting a couple of loops in some Amsteel. Then found a pair of leather gloves in the garage and slid between the loops and the limbs. Did the trick.

Hey guys quick question. I have a Samick Sage in my hand and a stringer that won’t be here for another week. Can I whip up one out of paracord that will get me through the week? I know I can just do the leg thing but I’d rather do it the “correct” way. Tried a google search but looks like everybody wants to put leather on it for long term use, I don’t have any of that laying around but I have plenty of paracord and Amsteel.

Don't step through and string a recurve bow. You are asking to twist a limb and that is a pain to correct. This is not just me being a worry wart. It is about gospel.

You could probably figure out a paracord version of a bow stringer by studying pictures of them online. I'm sure it would work. Just be careful and don't mess your bow up by twisting a limb.

Don't step through and string a recurve bow. You are asking to twist a limb and that is a pain to correct. This is not just me being a worry wart. It is about gospel.

You could probably figure out a paracord version of a bow stringer by studying pictures of them online. I'm sure it would work. Just be careful and don't mess your bow up by twisting a limb.

Yeah I knew better than do that. Probably more likely to end up injuring myself than the bow, but I ended up using some Amstel to make one. I didn’t think about it until after I did it with 3/16, but I probably could have just used one of my 10 ft 7/64 daisy chains.

Back