• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Paracord over webbing gear tether

Alpine butterfly is a money knot. Can also be really helpful when SRTing.

Last edited:
You dont have issues with it sliding down when attached that way?. I tried that last year a couple times and found myself putting a few more hitches in to get it to stop sliding.
I love the idea though and will adding that to my list of things to do.

You can also use a series of prusik loops around the main line, I switched to this after trying the alpine butterfly setup. The prusiks give you infinite adjustment. I use a figure 9 to tighten.

You can also use a series of prusik loops around the main line, I switched to this after trying the alpine butterfly setup. The prusiks give you infinite adjustment. I use a figure 9 to tighten.

Have you ever had your tether slip/slide down due to the addition prusiks? I like the idea but weary of slide/the tether start rolling down the tree cuz of the additional prusiks.

Use a cam jam with works awsome

Have a link? Not sure I follow what is being referenced.

Have you ever had your tether slip/slide down due to the addition prusiks? I like the idea but weary of slide/the tether start rolling down the tree cuz of the additional prusiks.

I use a NiteIze figure 9 to tension loop around tree. along the length of the loop i made "micro" prusik loops so i can slide them where i need them (for different size trees) around the loop for gear storage. I'll have to take a picture after work this week. Sorry for the confusion.

Not sure if this was directed at me or not. With how short the line is, I haven't really had any issues with it getting tangled up. Then again I haven't used this in a hunting situation yet, just practice around the yard but so far so good.
I was curious because that's been my biggest issue with paracord whenever I used it for something especially when setting up in the dark.

I do something similar, but instead of knots I put 3-4 prussic knots on a slightly larger diameter rope than the prussic ...that way, the loops can be positioned exactly where I want them no matter the size of the tree. And really there is no limit ...you could put 10+ if needed.

Credit: @heartdart

Back