• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Peep Sight Help

Bach55

I was moving my peep sight down the string the other day to tinker with a different anchor point, and it popped out. I’ve got it put back in, but when I draw back it lays down flat. I’m basically looking at the bottom of it instead of through it. This is a G5 Meta peep sight.

Can someone help me understand what’s going on here? I cannot figure it out. I’m sure it’s something simple, but I have never tinkered with my bow much until this year...

Here’s a pic of the current install...

Attachments

• 1F3CCEE7-D4D3-4363-AB8E-3A2D423DD791.jpeg
    1F3CCEE7-D4D3-4363-AB8E-3A2D423DD791.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 48
Sounds like you put it back in with the wrong orientation. Not sure why chrome keeps rotating my pic but the left side of the pic is the top of the bow. Adjust accordingly 42FF12D1-61CB-4B95-9BD7-413B65E3DD2D.jpeg

Sounds like you put it back in with the wrong orientation. Not sure why chrome keeps rotating my pic but the left side of the pic is the top of the bow. Adjust accordingly View attachment 32278
Yep! And @Bach55, you might launch it out of your string served like you have it. There's several youtube videos showing how to serve a G5 peep. I just can't tell on the photo if you did the wraps around the peep and up the string on top and bottom.

Last edited:
I’ll have to try and change the orientation. As far as serving, I just tied it in above and below. I’ll have to check out YouTube if there is a specific way to do this style of peep. It came with no directions on that when I got it, so I assumed it was just a basic deal.

love the g5. if you can move it, sounds loose

Attachments

• IMG_1350 (1).jpg
    IMG_1350 (1).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 15
Yes your on the right track. To tie it in get some serving material and start at the bottom and serve it and wrap the serving up the right side to the top of the peep and the wrap back down the left side the I go back up the right side to the top of the peep and run serving around the string keep it tight when serving the peep whip finish. You can also do the serving with dental floss that's what I use to use a lot when I worked at the bow shop and I never had one move. Here a couple pics.20200814_213353.jpg20200814_213339.jpg

Thanks guys. I’m guessing that has something to do with it as well then. I never tied it in around the peep. But I had been shooting fine with it until now!

Can you take a pic of it close up? Hard to tell from the pic, but it may be twisting on you as you pull the string back due to the tie-ins being too close to the peep or it’s just oriented incorrectly...again, hard to tell from the pic, but when you move the peep up and down the string, the peep will obviously rotate with the string. If you move it down and the peep twists on you, it’s no big deal—just pop it out and re-orientate it (flip it around)

If it is sideways and not completely backwards, you’ll have to press the bow and put a half twist in the string at the top and bottom to get your orientation right...does that make sense or no?

Hey man. I can bring my stuff and help tie it in Saturday. I will be in town for night shift.

Hey man. I can bring my stuff and help tie it in Saturday. I will be in town for night shift.

Really appreciate the offer! I’m going to have to do some shooting to get it aligned before I’m ready, though. And after that I think I have a good idea of how to do it after watching some videos.

Can you take a pic of it close up? Hard to tell from the pic, but it may be twisting on you as you pull the string back due to the tie-ins being too close to the peep or it’s just oriented incorrectly...again, hard to tell from the pic, but when you move the peep up and down the string, the peep will obviously rotate with the string. If you move it down and the peep twists on you, it’s no big deal—just pop it out and re-orientate it (flip it around)

If it is sideways and not completely backwards, you’ll have to press the bow and put a half twist in the string at the top and bottom to get your orientation right...does that make sense or no?

It does, and I was actually wondering if string twist was playing a part. I’ll let you guys know how it goes after messing with it today.

Think spiral staircase.....as you slide your peep up and down its rotating within the twist of the string. You can make minor adjustments with d-loop orientation and the serving above/below the peep, but only slight. Anything more and you need to add a twist here or there.

I got it in guys. Looks to be working well. And I have it tied in properly now. Thanks for answering my dumb questions. This is what I get for not going to the pro shop. It can be frustrating to learn on the fly, but you do learn a lot more!!

Any good videos out there on how to add a twist? I tried looking and didn’t see much.

I got it in guys. Looks to be working well. And I have it tied in properly now. Thanks for answering my dumb questions. This is what I get for not going to the pro shop. It can be frustrating to learn on the fly, but you do learn a lot more!!

Any good videos out there on how to add a twist? I tried looking and didn’t see much.
You will need a bow press, and only add a half a twist at a time.

I have a press. I use one of the portable ones. I experimented with adding a twist, but it would just come out when I let the bow out of the press...

I have a press. I use one of the portable ones. I experimented with adding a twist, but it would just come out when I let the bow out of the press...
You have to press the bow, remove the string from the cam, add a half twist and put it back on the cam.

If you are not familiar with this, I suggest you watch a few videos or get some help, as you can damage your bow of n9t done correctly.

Back