• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Phantom on the way!!!

JohnnyB38

Just ordered my Phantom. Can't wait to start the learning process. Huge shout out to the Tethrd Team for their communication and support through the process. I'll update with details as I progress.

Civil unrest has significantly impacted the delivery status of your order......you will be notified when your shipment status changes. Big Sigh.

Yep, they are not to far from Minneapolis, and it's kind of a bleep show there.

I look forward to your review after reading your vortex experience.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Alright. So I haven't hung in it yet (it's my daughter's bday party today), but I wanted to share some initial impressions.

I have bought thousands of dollars worth of outdoor and MIL-SPEC equipment over the years and one of the first things I look at are the ends of any stitching. Did the manufacturer just snip the thread or did they cauterize it? Maybe backstitch one or two seams and bury the end? And I have found that gear, where a manufacturer finishes stitches professionally, outlasts other gear (sometimes more expensive due to branding) 9 outta 10 times. Tethrd's Phantom has a great finish. I looked all over the damn thing for threads poking out and couldn't find anything relating to load-bearing stitches or anything structural. Some of the molle had tags, but I also have a Bic that fixes that. The seams are exceptionally well done, the hardware is top-notch and it's just flat out clean. Looking forward to loading it up tomorrow on the oak tree out back while the neighbors stare at me (more than normal) and hope the MP's don't stop and give me a hard time. More to follow ya'll. Stay safe and stay slung.

Got a chance to hang yesterday for 2 hours. Things of note. I hunted last year in an RCH and Fleece. The Phantom is definitely not that. Pressure occurs in different spots and there is no "pocket" like you get with fleece. With that being said, the Phantom was significantly easier to gain confidence in equipment construction and doing what it's supposed to do. The leg straps easily lock into the saddle tabs, adjustments on most buckles and straps were efficient and the Micro-channel adjustment on the tether location was pretty cool. I found that adjustments in tether height, saddle placement, and general mobility were very good, and once I figure out how much pressure needed to come off something, nearly intuitive. Looking forward to spending many more hours of refining movement and shooting techniques. Big shout out to the @g2outdoors, @flinginairos and the Tethrd team for their communication, tutorials, and commitment to a solid product.

Back