• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Phantom

Or your waist size bigger than a size 40”.

I talked with Tethrd and was told it should work with a waist size up to 42".

It would be pushing it. Not sure how comfortable that would be. The bridge loops would be right at your hips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be pushing it. Not sure how comfortable that would be. The bridge loops would be right at your hips.

I’ve talked to several guys in the 42-44” range that love the Phantom so the 40” recommendation isn’t really a set “rule”

Does the sizing take heavier layers into consideration? I'm normally wearing the FL sanctuary set come November. I just ordered the Phantom yesterday as well.

I used the sanctuary in the mantis and my biggest complaint was the linemans loops being hard to get to with bulky clothing. The phantoms loops are going to be fantastic to use with heavier clothing

I’ve talked to several guys in the 42-44” range that love the Phantom so the 40” recommendation isn’t really a set “rule”

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I expanded to a 40” waist 38s are tight and any smaller it would be in the classifieds. It’s about the size of a large mantis.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I expanded to a 40” waist 38s are tight and any smaller it would be in the classifieds. It’s about the size of a large mantis.

Agree. 42/44 here depending on pre/post taco night, and it was too snug for me in the belt, and the loops were positioned so the bridge was squishing me. I made a slightly bigger version.

My dad and buddy used it last season and both were 42” waist. That’s what I am going off of.

Guess I might not be able to use it i wear 42 waist pants.

Get to fasting and it wont be a problem at all!

ha! Funny you mention that I have been on keto for the past 5 weeks and lost 17lbs. I am going to start combing it with fasting. I am trying to decide if going the Jason Fung Method or working down to 1 meal a day would be best. All my pants are 36s and they don’t fit!

I apologize... this has absolutely nothing to do with the phantom... :oops:

ha! Funny you mention that I have been on keto for the past 5 weeks and lost 17lbs. I am going to start combing it with fasting. I am trying to decide if going the Jason Fung Method or working down to 1 meal a day would be best. All my pants are 36s and they don’t fit!

I apologize... this has absolutely nothing to do with the phantom... :oops:
That's awesome! Carrying too much weight is not good when it comes to hunting equipment or your body. I have been working out at home for the past 3+ months because i usually get soft during these NY winters. I dont think i lost many pounds but i know i turned some fat into muscles. I would be doing better if i had changed my diet too,but i didn't.
I am a mason,so in the spring summer fall i generally burn enough calories,but i am past the age where i can eat whatever i want and not gain weight. Those were the 20's.

Iv’e posted this in many threads but dont wait for a heart attack to shock you into reality. Thats what happened to me. I was lucky. I lived to tell. I was so terrorized i stopped eating for fear of what was safe to eat. I lost 50 lbs in 3 months. The cardiac doc told me i was playing with fire not eating but i couldnt help myself. Finally some of the fear dissipated. April will be 1 yr. since i had the heart attack. I walk 3 to 4 miles 4 times a wk now and im in the best shape ive been in in several yrs.
I know its next to impossible to change when your feeling ok and it took a heart attack to change me but guys commit to taking the weight off so you dont have to worry about fitting into a phantom with a 42” waist and more than that be around a long time to take care of your family!

Iv’e posted this in many threads but dont wait for a heart attack to shock you into reality. Thats what happened to me. I was lucky. I lived to tell. I was so terrorized i stopped eating for fear of what was safe to eat. I lost 50 lbs in 3 months. The cardiac doc told me i was playing with fire not eating but i couldnt help myself. Finally some of the fear dissipated. April will be 1 yr. since i had the heart attack. I walk 3 to 4 miles 4 times a wk now and im in the best shape ive been in in several yrs.
I know its next to impossible to change when your feeling ok and it took a heart attack to change me but guys commit to taking the weight off so you dont have to worry about fitting into a phantom with a 42” waist and more than that be around a long time to take care of your family!
I tried my first phantom prototype with a 40” waist and that’s pants size below the belly. The phantom fit fine. Lost 70 lbs and it still fits fine. Also every saddle I own is now more comfortable. All my climbing methods, scent control, and focusing after long hours on the stand got easier also.
As far as 42” being the max when I had a 40” waist I tested a phantom that was 20-30% smaller than production and found it comfortable as well. Just remember it’s an individual thing. While I had a 40” waist my rear would match better with a 20” waist.

Well after having the Phantom for a month I can honestly say it’s a huge improvement over the Mantis.

However, I don’t think it’s the best saddle for a sitter. If you use a platform and lean most of the time and around 38” waist and smaller you will probably be happy with it.

I also think going with a “one size fits all model” was a mistake. I know they had supply chain issues offering the three sizes last year with the mantis but I think offering the Phantom in 2 sizes would of been the best thing to do. I am 6’-4” 260lbs in between a 38 and 40 waist and the Phantom feels to small. I think this would be a good size 1 saddle 28-37” waist but I think another size 2 phantom with more material vertical and horizontal to fit say 37-46” waist comfortably would of been a wise decision.

They fixed the hip pinch and most of the riding up problems the mantis had but I still get a lot on uncomfortable pressure in the bottom side of my thighs when sitting. A larger saddle would probably remedy that. I am still up in the air about the comfort channels. I could do without them. Also, the stitching is a bit sloppy and aggravating to look at for a premium priced saddle.

Back