• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Phone Fall Protection

Craft518

SH Member
Something I thought about is what happens if I’m really in trouble and drop my cell at I could not possibly get down. Think upside down/sideways and could not self rescue, fell a distance and snapped your bones, Yeti at the bottom of the tree won’t go down after 5 arrows, I don’t know; just worst case. If you’re deep and have no service but you have an inreach to text or in worst case SOS this is also something to think about. I have these two cheap items so you communication devices stay with you and attached and they could some day saved me from my incessant IG scrolling when bored and cold fingers dropping the cell. Just a thought.

Attachments

• 1CECBB4E-62B6-4F0B-89C0-46FC7FA0FC59.png
    1CECBB4E-62B6-4F0B-89C0-46FC7FA0FC59.png
    562.5 KB · Views: 69
  • E8FEB45A-A05E-4DB5-B2DA-170871D730BB.png
    E8FEB45A-A05E-4DB5-B2DA-170871D730BB.png
    722.2 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: MEB
I have this tether. It's solid, but haven't drop tested it yet but it seems pretty robust in case of need.

I have this tether. It's solid, but haven't drop tested it yet but it seems pretty robust in case of need.

I saw that but I wanted something I could always leave in my phone case and have a tether on all my sets of pant/bibs I wear out. I tested mine by trying to drop it and it just hangs there.
How does that case hold up? Does it block the screen at all?

Poke a few holes in your phone case and run a leash. Cheap and connect with a clip. Like a rangefinder

I keep mine in an appropriate sized, clear zip lock plastic bag, I use duct tape or packing tape to secure a piece of paracord as a tether. The bag offers weather, perspiration protection and I can operate the phone thru the plastic if I take off my gloves.

After dropping my phone several times from the tree I was still stubborn enough to not do anything. Eventually, I sent the little guy on a 40' dive to the bottom of my favorite fishing lake. I bought a cheap tether on ebay that sticks to the inside of the phone case. It works excellent. Cheap insurance and a low profile.

Shamefully I've never even considered an accidental drop during an emergency. Thanks for making me think. I have an old camera tether/ lanyard. I guess I'll just drill 2small holes in the side wall of my case and run it through when I go hunting. Thanks for the post.

Here's what I use. I also make a loop in the line & put a small carabiner thru it for the trips up & down, so it's attached to me at 2 points (the 'biner & the belt clip thru one of my pack shoulder straps.) The belt clip is nice-it rotates 360 deg.

Once I'm up, I usually feed the belt clip thru one of the loops on my gear hanger, & the lanyard is long enough for me to use the phone without pulling the belt clip off of the hanger.

The grapple is for, well, you know...when Mr. Murphy shows up! It works really well when I have butterfingers! :rolleyes:

Both can be found on Amazon.

21050F11-8D65-46A6-A26E-865C33D340C5.jpeg

Back