• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pigs near Charleston, SC.

Loopwing

SH Member
I will be travelling to the Charleston/Parris Island area throughout the year for work. I am really looking for ideas of places I might be able to head to to get a pig or 2. I have a crossbow, muzzleloader, shotgun, and rifle. I am not looking for your secret spot, but maybe a "try this WMA or public area". Feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
On any public lands, you're not allowed to hunt pigs unless the WMA is open for deer or small game. During the latter, your shotgun would only be legal if you were using a small game load (which really wouldn't do you much good).

North of Chucktown, I'd look into Francis Marion NF or Bonneau Ferry. Both have hogs, but be prepared to burn the boot rubber. Down towards Beaufort, the WMAs are kind of smaller without all the room to roam that you usually need to find hogs.

On any public lands, you're not allowed to hunt pigs unless the WMA is open for deer or small game. During the latter, your shotgun would only be legal if you were using a small game load (which really wouldn't do you much good).

North of Chucktown, I'd look into Francis Marion NF or Bonneau Ferry. Both have hogs, but be prepared to burn the boot rubber. Down towards Beaufort, the WMAs are kind of smaller without all the room to roam that you usually need to find hogs.
Francis Marion is big and ive seen a good bit of hogs in there right near the campground. never hunted it though. Just campin and experimenting with psychedelics while in college...im pretty sure the pigs were real!

Looks like I need to take the 22 mag to the range and check the scope. Last time I was shooting I was covering the grouping with a quarter at 100 yards. I think I was shooting the V-max. Saddle and a 22 mag could make for a very interesting morning or evening. Thanks for the advice guys. I might be going down in a couple weeks. See if I can't work in some scouting then.

some land owners down there might let you pop some. They are real thick off 61 on the west side of the ashley river. I see em all over late at night on the roadside and the ground in the woods is completely dug up like someone went through with a plow everywhere. I would knock on a couple doors. Chucktown is good peoples man. If they dont want you hunting there they wont be mean about it and might even lead you to someone who will let you. Just be polite, yes sir yes mam kinda talk. You prolly already talk like that since youre from VA but figured id post a tip for anyone knockin down there. Most women in urban areas of jersey or NYC hate when you call em mam from my experience, they think its insulting or something.

I didn't think of using a 22mag or .17 during squirrel season so I can be legal for pigs. I can get 2 extra months to hunt pigs in the Francis Marion.

Back