• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pistol kill

Travis9221

On the 2nd day of Gun season I decided I wanted to try something new I wanted to try and kill a buck with my 1911. I knew it would be tough but with the rut in full swing I figured it was worth a try plus I also carried my 6.5 creedmoor with me for that just in case.rifht at day break I had this buck run a doe by me about 150 yards I through up my rifle and seen he was not big enough for me to kill with a rifle so I let him go. Hours past and I seen 3 does a 8 point and a small 6 point. At 12pm I seen a doe walking my way I decided if she got in range for my 1911 I would take her then this guy came running her toward me she got to 10 yards. He stoped at 50 and decided to rub a tree to impress her. After 5 min of him doing the my adrenalin was jacked and he started my way! He stoped at 35 yards and turned broad side I didn't want to take this far of a shot but decided it was my only opportunity. I pulled off the shot and he dropped I hit him high shoulder he was moving around so I decided to put another on in him this one found the mark. I have recently bought a 44 super red hawk and I'm going to put a scope on in for this up coming year!Screenshot_20190220-092142.png

Congrats

Nice buck & cool that u got to use ur 1911

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back