• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform Casting

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
Just checking to see if there has been any movement on casting our own platform. with the shape of our platform being relatively easy to mold/cast - is there any reason we cannot use the plaster method? Also, are there silicon rubbers that stand up to the heat needed to cast aluminum 1200 -1500 degrees? I have been doing a little studying on this and thinking I might give it a go this summer if our current plan will be pushed out far.

Oh man, Dave is energized!

First he recently picked up a thread injector, now he is starting down the platform casting road!

THIS will be one to watch, Dave always comes through with good products in the end.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

First he recently picked up a thread injector, now he is starting down the platform casting road!

THIS will be one to watch, Dave always comes through with good products in the end.

Lol - Not I just realize everyone seems to be busy, I have an idea for what I would build and I use t do a ton of molding casting for my taxidermy business. I just am not familiar with product to do aluminum casting.

BTW - as soon as I bought my thread injector a friend stepped forward that owns industrial machines and will do any sewing I need. Just need to get our schedules aligned

I saw your video on what's in your pack. Your suggestion for a platform with teeth a little bit larger than the Klemz style would be awesome!

Just stay tuned in to @DaveT1963 's videos. Pay close attention and you will see when the conversion over to crocs takes place. It's coming!!!!

Good I have enough projects tho keep me going and I pick up my new Mathrws Triax tomorrow

Nice. Once you get it sighted in you won't have to pick it up for 6 months. You can keep practicing with your stick bows. #truth

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gotta give a hats off to bowhunter15. I've worked with a lot of mechnical designers over the years and he is good. He hammered out more sitting passenger in a truck from LOW than a lot of designers can do with a couple monitors on a desktop.

It isn't going that fast. This next stage is a tough one.

Gotta give a hats off to bowhunter15. I've worked with a lot of mechnical designers over the years and he is good. He hammered out more sitting passenger in a truck from LOW than a lot of designers can do with a couple monitors on a desktop.

Right on man, it all sounds really promising. Hats off to all of you guys for even attempting something like this. I'd guess it's easy stuff for you guys, but for an ape from Canada it's really impressive.

Interesting. The biggest hurdle for these things is always initial tool and die cost (along with a minimum part order).

Segue into something kind of related: The company I work for publishes manufacturing software. We have a product called 'Click2Cast' for simulating mold flow: http://www.solidthinking.com/click2cast_land.html

If anyones interested in a trial, or a paid license, I can probably get you a discount. Actually if you're interested in any of the solidThinking products - either as a hobbyist or a professional - let me know and i'll hook it up. Inspire would probably be interesting to a few guys on here too.

bowhunter15 is the real deal.

Interesting. The biggest hurdle for these things is always initial tool and die cost (along with a minimum part order).

Segue into something kind of related: The company I work for publishes manufacturing software. We have a product called 'Click2Cast' for simulating mold flow: http://www.solidthinking.com/click2cast_land.html

If anyones interested in a trial, or a paid license, I can probably get you a discount. Actually if you're interested in any of the solidThinking products - either as a hobbyist or a professional - let me know and i'll hook it up. Inspire would probably be interesting to a few guys on here too.
I'd like to chat on this offline... I'll send you a pm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

x2!

So is there a thread detailing what the SH platform project looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to post pics so bad! Alas, it wouldn't be prudent.

We have a final design and it's better than what we are currently using. The smart kids even listened to the dumb ones (me) and tweaked the design.

I think it's gonna be a win.

I'm excited for @Erniepower to make this thing happen. Everyone should support Ernie and @bowhunter15 and buy one.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Back