• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform Positioning

voz86

Hey guys,

Where do you set your platform? Right above your last stick? Do you have your platform off to the side from the last stick? I’m assuming the platform position wants to be right in line with the tether? Sorry for the rookie questions!

Thanks!

90 degrees to the side of my top stick at approximately the level of my top stick.

I tether in before I step onto the platform.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

90 degrees to the side of my top stick at approximately the level of my top stick.

I tether in before I step onto the platform.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Another benefit to this is the ability to use your top stick to get all the way around your tree

I typically set my platform about 120 degrees counterclockwise (toward my right hand) around the tree from where I'm standing on my stick and at about the height of the top step. That gives me the ability to step to the left when I'm hanging and walk around the tree so that I can take the 3:00 shot from behind the tree. I plan ahead when I get ready to climb so I position my stick 120degrees CW from the direction I want to face when I start.

1593702351119.png

Last edited:
I typically set my platform about 120 degrees counterclockwise (toward my right hand) around the tree from where I'm standing on my stick and at about the height of the top step. That gives me the ability to step to the left when I'm hanging and walk around the tree so that I can take the 3:00 shot from behind the tree. I plan ahead when I get ready to climb so I position my stick 120degrees CW from the direction I want to face when I start.

View attachment 29357

Great video and explanation.

I found out setting up last night that I was putting platform on the wrong side. Going to try your set up method in the future. Looks rock solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video and explanation.

I found out setting up last night that I was putting platform on the wrong side. Going to try your set up method in the future. Looks rock solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. There's no wrong way, just what works for you. This is what works for me. :)

If facing the tree on my platform I prefer my top stick Step about 3 o’clock on the tree with a screw in step, bolt or squirrel step at 9 o’clock (I’m right handed.) It’s not mandatory, but it can be nice too have the extra foot positions.
Also, the one at 9 o’clock is usually an inch or two higher than the platform.

Back