• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform recommendation

sapper1

I finally bought my first saddle, Cruzr XC, and now I am looking for a platform. I know there are a bunch of different platforms out there but I was hoping you all could help me narrow it down.

Best so far. Trophyline EDP.

You’re welcome. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Plus heck of a company. Ordered mine late on a Saturday. Got it the following Wednesday am. (It might strapped to a tree right now out back)

c832443ac2236517e4582dfe4043d6c5.jpg

It’s rock solid. I sold my predator to buy this one.

And to echo the other poster. I am one sticking and have a platform on the stick. And this. Nice part is that I don’t “have to have” a secondary platform.

I also picked up a ROSs to try with the one stick.

The EDP wouldn’t budge. I’m 240 and couldn’t make it even shimmy with complete side pressure. Loved the predator but it didn’t bite like that.

But… predator can also come with a bag/pack to put it in. The only “down” to the EDP or mission (same set up just bigger) is that they don’t pack as well as the predator.

I second or third (or whatever number were on) for the EDP. That thing bites to the tree like none other I’ve tried yet. Close second would be the Mission for the same reasons. To me the EDP has nearly all the benefits of the Mission but just bigger and heavier. I would still have the Mission but if I was going that big with the heavier weight, I just assumed use a light weight portable hang on stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my Mission in the mail today. It is a tank but I think I’m going to like it. I have the Treesuit platform for my long haul setup. It is light as a feather and I like it for different reasons but the Mission with a pad and some backpack straps will be my primary this season.

If I were buying one outright it would be the EDP. I chose to try a DIY but EPD is the answer most of the time I have seen this question asked

If I were buying one outright it would be the EDP. I chose to try a DIY but EPD is the answer most of the time I have seen this question asked
EDP looks great too. Good size

I finally bought my first saddle, Cruzr XC, and now I am looking for a platform. I know there are a bunch of different platforms out there but I was hoping you all could help me narrow it down.

Everyone has their fav. What you'll like will depend greatly on you.

Maybe you can tell us more about what you hope to accomplish saddle-hunting, reasons for making the switch, how you used to hunt, what you didn't like or where you thought you could gain an advantage, etc.

Good suggestions [mention]Plebe [/mention].

I don’t know anyone around me that deer hunts let alone saddle hunts so I had to buy and try before I landed on what I use now. I’m sure plenty of others have to do it that way too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been a tree stand hunter my whole life. The reason I am trying the saddle is due to the light weight nature and being able to quickly and easily relocate if needed. I typically hunt private land but I only have around 40 acres to hunt so I am going to be hitting public this year to hopefully increase my chances. I feel like a saddle would be much more versatile for my public land hunts.

I have been a tree stand hunter my whole life. The reason I am trying the saddle is due to the light weight nature and being able to quickly and easily relocate if needed. I typically hunt private land but I only have around 40 acres to hunt so I am going to be hitting public this year to hopefully increase my chances. I feel like a saddle would be much more versatile for my public land hunts.

I recommend making some templates of platforms that interest you. Hang on a tree or pole at ground level and stand on each template and see what you think.

Once you get an idea of the size you are comfortable with, it's much easier to pro-con contenders.

Keep in mind, the best system for you might mean choosing a platform that isn't the outright winner by it's own merits.

Climbing method and how you pack everything for a hunt can and should weigh heavily on your selection.

I just bought a Seeker from Cruzr and I'm thinking I'm gonna love this thing. Bites the tree very well and takes side pressure great.
How long did you have to wait to get the seeker shipped to you? I ordered one on June 14th and still have not received it. I have contacted Cruzr a few times and they said they had some hiccups in their production but I am getting annoyed with them and about ready to cancel my order and get something else.

How long did you have to wait to get the seeker shipped to you? I ordered one on June 14th and still have not received it. I have contacted Cruzr a few times and they said they had some hiccups in their production but I am getting annoyed with them and about ready to cancel my order and get something else.
I can't remember exactly but I think it was about 3 weeks.

Back