• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform

Ckwilli

SH Member
Rainy and 25-30 mph winds today so I’m board at home. I’ve been thinking about a platform for the top of my muddy stagger step and I’ve got some aluminum plate in the garage. More to follow……..

93857905d3abf6b981f2985d17c238aa.jpg

Here is my prototype. I think a little more tweaking and maybe adding some anti slip tape to the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2211da912eda45142c1cbaab80c1024e.jpg

I ordered some of this for the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got a chance to climb and stand on it yesterday afternoon. It’s pretty comfortable and 100% improvement over just standing on the top step. It does add a pound or so to the weight but it’s not terrible to carry in.

Did you just drill 3 holes through the top step and bolt through those? Or did you use some kind of bracket?

Looks like about 12x12?

Looks great. Easy build.

Just drilled 3 holes and use automotive grade bolts. That was probably overkill but I had them already. I added the grip tape too.

Oooh, I don’t remember. I’m at work till tonight. I could probably get back with you tomorrow.

Back