• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platforms

Michael4925092

Now that I have a saddle, what is the best platform to use? I am looking for one to be able to stand on as well as lean to shoot from. From what I have looked into from reviews I like the Teathered Predator XL & the Trophyline Mission. Which one do you think is better & what is your attachment meathod? Also are there any other platforms similar to these that I don't know of that work as well? I also only weigh about 165 pounds

Last edited:
Now that I have a saddle, what is the best platform to use? I am looking for one to be able to stand on as well as lean to shoot from. From what I have looked into from reviews I like the Teathered Predator XL & the Trophyline Mission. Which one do you think is better & what is your attachment meathod? Also are there any other platforms similar to these that I don't know of that work as well? I also only weigh about 165 pounds
Solid choices, completely subjective. Buy both & keep the one you like better. Slightly more expensive but LWCG ambush is similar size.....

Never tried the predator XL but the Mission is awesome. It’s like a small tree stand. Awesome for standing if you want to. I still use regular tree stands sometimes but for a saddle platform I wouldn’t trade my Mission for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far are you walking? Are you worried about weight? If weight and the extra bulk is no problem. That mission is SOLID. If you travel a way and want to keep it lite. The predator is a solid pick as well. Or podium. Or if you don't feel like you need much room, add a platform to the top of your sticks if your using them. You just gotta find what works for you and your hunting style. Buy used off here if you can. If it dosent work flip it for something else.

I have the Predator gen 2 and the Mission. I really like the Mission because it's solid and roomy. Trophyline and Tethrd make good products. It's you call.

Last edited:
I talked to one of the guys at trophyline and they are supposed to be back on their site it the next 10 days for sale and are supposed to have enough to meet the demand

Teathered Predator XL & the Trophyline Mission. Which one do you think is better

Personal preference between the two. I have been using the Trophyline and love it. It’s essentially a small lightweight treestand which is exactly what i wanted.

When i’m tired of the saddle i just stand on it and lean against at the tree. I just use the strap that cane with it and it cams rock solid to the tree with it.

You prob can’t go wrong with either. I’m personally not a fan of the smaller platforms, been there done that. I simply can’t hang from a saddle for 13 hours straight.

Man I have a predator g2 and I like it but my feet are big so I don’t feel comfy moving a lot on it and I am a heavier man also you guys ever tried the predator ?

I have the gen 2 also. I had a gen 1 and sent it back and they sent me a gen 2 . It light and packable and yes it's small. I used the gen 1 but the gen 2 was never used. I been using the TL Mission and ROS.

Last edited:
I have the predator XL and just bought the trophyline mission. I'll report back with my opinions and which one I'm selling soon. In all honestly, it's probably a wash/ personal preference.

6’ - 280 lbs - 13 EEE boots

had ooal solo scout - too small for me
Have ooal ridge runner - I like it a lot
Just ordered the TL Mission and ooal ridge runner XL

I do not feel comfortable sanding on RR platform with my back to the tree. I have 2 setups in clumps of trees where I need to do exactly that. So, today I ordered the Mission and RR XL. Hoping that one of them will work for me for standing with back against the tree.

I didn’t try the predator or predator xl as I am heavy and I saw YouTube video and there seemed to be sound and movement with the predators. And the guy is much lighter than me. No firsthand knowledge of the predators though.

Man how you order the mission and they are out? I just called I want one badly think it would suit me better then my predator. I’m heavy also like 270

Back