• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Plumbers Butt

phatkaw

SH Member
Ok, so what are some of the ways yins guys are dealing with your saddle falling down while walking in?

I'm 5'7" and 160lbs with a 31" waist. (no junk in my trunk) I run two pouches - 40' of rappel rope and a Delta link in the right pouch. Pull up/down rope, tether & Kong Duck & carabiner, and a figure eight & another carabiner in the left pouch...

I keep my linesman rope and bridge around my shoulders and that keeps the front of my saddle up but the back drops down around my crack.:mask:

Im thinking suspenders? Any other ideas?

I don’t put all that stuff on my saddle. It’s on/in my pack. Got tired of trying to find ways with various saddles riding down…….

I suppose I could carry my rappel rope in my pack since I've found it simpler for me to one stick with a separate tether. That'd save half of the weight on my saddle right there.

Another thing I've been trying is to tighten up my saddle's waist belt above my pant's belt for the walk, and then loosening it up at the bottom of the tree. I think that's what I'll stick with unless someone has a 'game changing' fix for this. :wink:

Another thing I've been trying is to tighten up my saddle's waist belt above my pant's belt for the walk, and then loosening it up at the bottom of the tree. I think that's what I'll stick with unless someone has a 'game changing' fix for this. :wink:

I do the same but loosen it when I am at height but not carrying a repel system

In have the same build 6’ 170lbs, no a$$. I‘m carrying the same stuff you are, the same way you are, I just tighten the belt down good. I generally climb with my rappel rope. I’m reluctant to put it where I might not be able to get to it easily in an extremis situation.

In have the same build 6’ 170lbs, no a$$. I‘m carrying the same stuff you are, the same way you are, I just tighten the belt down good. I generally climb with my rappel rope. I’m reluctant to put it where I might not be able to get to it easily in an extremis situation.

I tried to climb with my rappelling rope but I didn't like switching over to rappel once at height.

Too much fumbling around. (of course, with 20 more purchases from EWO i could find the right combination of gear)... lol

Last edited:
I tried to climb with my rappelling rope but I didn't like switching over to rappel once at height.

Too much fumbling around. (of course, with 20 more purchases i could find the right combination of gear)... lol
I pull out about 8’ and leave the rest in the bag, one stick up, hang, then drop the rest when I’m ready to rappel down. Once I get more comfortable with everything I may try other things.

The saddles are great when they’re holding us, but mine falls down ALL the time if my tether is slack. Every move up the tree, every step on the ground. There’s a reason so many people work in body harnesses. Until somebody makes what we really need I guess it’s gonna be suspenders.

I pull out about 8’ and leave the rest in the bag, one stick up, hang, then drop the rest when I’m ready to rappel down. Once I get more comfortable with everything I may try other things.

I tried that quite a bit.
The thing was, I liked hanging with a Swabisch. Switching over from that to rappel gear sucked when I'm 30' up.
I kinda like just staying hooked up to my tether while I connect my rappel rope and figure 8.

I use the Maxpedition 3" Tac Ties with a 1" plastic D-ring on my Cruzr, and a pre-sewn Molle loop attachment with d-ring on my Phantom. I bought a 50 pack of those D-rings lol.

Generally I have everything in my pack, but when I do walk in with it on, I sometimes take my linesman belt and feed it up and over the back of my neck. It acts kind of like suspenders.

Back