• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Plythal Camo

I bought the thick (3.0 I think) beanie. I like that, plenty warm, seems as good and plush like my buddies Sitka beanie. It’s my go to for low 30s or less

I considered other clothing but I did see some reviews that it’s decent clothing but not up to the same quality and durability of some of the premium stuff. Then again, for the price, especially on camo fire...

I’d like to hear some other reviews too though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a hoodie, scrapeline pant, and scrape line jacket in digital forest for turkey and early season deer. I really like the pattern and the quality is good considering the price point. I want to get the baclava, gloves, hat, and beanie in digital forest when/if the company ever restocks. Probably will use it as dedicated turkey gear once that happens. Good stuff!

I got the Prima Heat Vest in the "photoflauge" pattern about a month ago from there. So far I've taken it out scouting twice. No complaints so far at all.

I have a couple sets of the 1.0 and 2.0 base layers. Happy with the quality and warmth for the price on campfire. Only thing is they are extremely long in the arms and legs. About 5" long in the arms and 7-8" long in the legs. I'm 6ft and have medium in bottoms are large in tops. Not sure how the long sleeves are going to workout with my wrist release and jacket yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

If there are any owners of the rut jacket I’d love to hear about it. I need an affordable winter jacket that is not loud or bulky.

I got the mid season vest and it's pretty nice. Light and warm for the material thickness. The visor is awesome and I ended up buying 3...has a sweat band built in for keeping sweat outta the eyes in hot heat

I realize this is an old thread, but I thought I would comment on my Plythal clothing anyway. I first saw Plythal on the MidwayUSA site when they had the Plythal hoodies on sale for an extremely low price and I picked up one in each came style. That was in January 2018 and the green digital camo hoodie became a piece of clothing I wore everyday when the weather was cool to cold outside. I wore it in the shop working on my tractor, UTV, ATV's, outside splitting wood, scouting, tracking, setting up and taking down stadium pyrotechnics and large firework displays, and a lot of other things. It has been through the washer and dryer hundreds of times and it still looks the same as the day I opened up the new package when I bought it. I can't say that for my other non-Plythal hoodies. Throughout 2018, because I liked thier hoodies so much, I picked up a lot of Plythal camo clothing when it was on sale/clearance at MidwayUSWA and also off of Camofire. It's some of the best hunting clothing I have ever owned and paid cheap prices for it. When I was younger I would pick up hunting clothes at Wally world because I didn't want to pay a lot of money for hunting clothes I would only wear maybe for a month or two in the woods. but with age comes wisdom and I got tired of getting cold and uncomfortable in the stand so I started spending more on warm, good quality clothes and boots. Out of all the areas of where my money went where hunting is concerned, better quality hunting clothes and boots upped my hunting success the most compared to new gear, new bows, new firearms, new optics, and so on. All my Plythal clothing has been very good quality and I've been hard on some of it and it took it and still performs like the day I got it. I still have items with the tags still on them because when I find something like clothes or shoes that I really like, I try to grab extras knowing they won't always be around or when they "improve" them and most times the new and improved version means they aren't made as well or use cheaper materials. I am super happy with how well my Plythal clothing has held up for the past 5-6 seasons and how fortunate I was to pay bottom dollar for more expensive and high quality hunting clothing. I wish they were still around today, but it looks like they didn't make it past 2020.

I have the Full Rut jacket and pants. I’m pretty sure what it’s what their called, been a few years since I bought them. I love them! I sadly don’t fit in them anymore so they sit on the shelf. If Plythal still made stuff I’d be full Plythal. Idk about the other pieces but mine are built like tanks. Not like a lot of the crap today. Mine are size large in the digital camo which I really like the camo. Quiet zippers, buttons are quiet, they even have a built in boot cover which is nice to keep stuff from getting in your boot.

Idk what size you are but I’d consider selling them if you were interested. I’ve only tried those two pieces though so I can’t fully give a full opinion on them.

Back