• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pop-up 38 by Mystery Ranch

elk yinzer

SH Member

Saw this on the Rokslide. Not sure how long the link will last, I am guessing the vendor put it up before they were supposed to because I don't think MR has formally released the pack, probably will after one of the trade shows.

I am pretty psyched about this one, definitely going to tuck away some Christmas money. The 28 gets a little tight with my late season clothes or trying to pack out a whole deer in one trip. My theory on packs is some excess capacity is never a bad thing.

Looks like they made a big change to the Popup frame also, it now telescopes instead of folds.

And it has a lid. Packs with a lid are much more useful for packing loads.

Saw this on the Rokslide. Not sure how long the link will last, I am guessing the vendor put it up before they were supposed to because I don't think MR has formally released the pack, probably will after one of the trade shows.

I am pretty psyched about this one, definitely going to tuck away some Christmas money. The 28 gets a little tight with my late season clothes or trying to pack out a whole deer in one trip. My theory on packs is some excess capacity is never a bad thing.

Looks like they made a big change to the Popup frame also, it now telescopes instead of folds.

And it has a lid. Packs with a lid are much more useful for packing loads.
I don’t even need one.......... but maybe I do!

Looks like the bag hangs on the frame instead of using the straps and buckles for top.

Interesting setup for sure. The bag seems to be an improvement for me, but the compartment nazis around here will probably frown on it for lack thereof!

Looks like the bag hangs on the frame instead of using the straps and buckles for top.

Interesting setup for sure. The bag seems to be an improvement for me, but the compartment nazis around here will probably frown on it for lack thereof!
I never understood that, I feel it’s limiting & gimmicky to have a bunch of small sections....... but to each their own

I don't think so. Looks to me to be the same attachment for the bag to the frame. The frame to the shoulder harness looks like it just has a tri-glide instead of a buckle. I have no issue with that.

I'm firmly in team no-compartments, but the full zip bag solves a lot of the issues with things getting lost in the bottom of a bag.

Overall, it looks like a nice day or overnight pack for mountain hunting. With the placement, configuration, and access for straps, pockets, and pouches, I couldn't see using it for saddle hunting.

I don't think so. Looks to me to be the same attachment for the bag to the frame. The frame to the shoulder harness looks like it just has a tri-glide instead of a buckle. I have no issue with that.

I'm firmly in team no-compartments, but the full zip bag solves a lot of the issues with things getting lost in the bottom of a bag.

Good call I didn’t scroll through pictures - I read the instructions without coffee and it looked like it rested on the top of frame like my Kifaru.

It’s a nice looking pack. I wonder what the number of bags only they’d have to make in a run in order to make it worth it. It seems like they could do a run of 2-500 bags in a brushed material and charge 20.00 more than normal, and whitetail folks would snap them up.

I’m pretty sure I carried that pack out of the woods for someone this fall. Not positive but pretty sure. It had around 35 lbs or so in it and carried well. I was so shocked that a saddlehunter was carrying so much stuff that I really didn’t pay close attention to the pack.

Huge new benefit is being able to grab the bag by the handle of the frame. With the tent style you could potentially slip them out of alignment. I like that feature

I’m pretty sure I carried that pack out of the woods for someone this fall. Not positive but pretty sure. It had around 35 lbs or so in it and carried well. I was so shocked that a saddlehunter was carrying so much stuff that I really didn’t pay close attention to the pack.

More details! Or if this is a joke, good one!

Huge new benefit is being able to grab the bag by the handle of the frame. With the tent style you could potentially slip them out of alignment. I like that feature

From what I can see in the pictures, that's the biggest benefit of the new frame style. I always wished the frame would lock in on my Pop Up.

Yea, I need to know more about this too....

I love my pop up. I've been using it for 2 seasons now and I haven't found anything I like more yet. It carry's a bag of stepps better than it does sticks. I shot a coyote a couple weeks ago and packed the whole thing out with it.

This new one looks nice. Now that they're going to a different size bag it would be nice to see them make the different size bags available like other pack frames.

I love my pop up. I've been using it for 2 seasons now and I haven't found anything I like more yet. It carry's a bag of stepps better than it does sticks. I shot a coyote a couple weeks ago and packed the whole thing out with it.

This new one looks nice. Now that they're going to a different size bag it would be nice to see them make the different size bags available like other pack frames.

I've pestered MR a few different times for a Pop Up Treehouse. In my mind, that would be ideal for saddle hunting.

I'm not sure the new bag will be compatible with the old frames without some buckle modification. They have the autolock buckles on these new photos. The autolock buckles on my Metcalf don't align with the buckles currently on my Popup.

I agree though, there should be an ability to purchase one frame and multiple bags. Mystery Ranch used to offer that in all their bags before they started sourcing to the Phillipines 3 or 4 years ago. They said they wanted to get back to that point, but I don't think it has happened yet.

More details! Or if this is a joke, good one!
Let’s just call it a joke. Someone had a deer down and I carried their pack out for them while they prepared the deer for the trip out. All I know is it was definitely a pop up and it looked bigger than the 28. Could have been a custom bag on a pop up frame. I’ll try to find out more details but am willing to bet it’s something that can’t be talked about until ata show.

Here's a picture of the 28

Attachments

• mystery-ranch-pop-up-28-s20.MAIN.Subalpine.02.jpg
    mystery-ranch-pop-up-28-s20.MAIN.Subalpine.02.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 98
I just want a light weight treestand pack with some structure to it. Like a treehouse light or something.

Back