• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pranks that you pulled or been a victim of?

HuumanCreed

SH Member
Just wanted to start a thread that we can all laugh about. I'll start. Only rule is use common sense please. If I really need to list out some common sense items so the thread doesn't get delete or the police knocking at your door....I dont think you should be in the wood with a weapon in your hand hanging from a tree.

My(Army Private) first duty station was at a joint base. Was assigned to a team of mostly sailors. Their camo were still digital blue. For almost 2 months they got me to believed that their uniforms were specially treated to turn orange when hit with salt water. Incase they fell off the ship. It made total sense to me, why else would you wear BLUE uniform in the Navy! Yeah, never heard the end of it until I left unit. Apparently I still hold the record for longest believer from what my buddies that are still there tells me.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine was in Florida on vacation last week of deer season begrudgingly, it was the last day of season and my other buddy and I were emptying a 30 pack saying to heck with the last day, the sun was just about to go down and we had an idea.... on his wall is a nice perfect ten about 140” plus, so we ripped it off the wall and took some impressive hero pics on the tailgate of his truck with said buck under our arms, boy it looked good, and of course we had to send them to our other buddy who was rubbing elbows with Mickey Mouse on the last day of season, we let that simmer for a good week or so until he was home, one day I heard a rumbling of a truck screaming up my driveway and it was the Mickey Mouse hunter, demanding to see that big buck, I had almost forgotten about it.... we still laugh about that.

Had a guy in our camp a grown man mind you, who hated the dark. Would go into his stand at the break of dawn and be out before dark. One day he was discussing the movie "The Blair Witch Project" and how it really spooked him. Well that night, after convincing him he needed to be in his stand before light we snuck out while he was sleeping. We made a stop by the gut pile and gathered some bones then proceeded to hang them from trees around his stand. Needless to say he was the first one back at camp that morning.

Had a guy in our camp a grown man mind you, who hated the dark. Would go into his stand at the break of dawn and be out before dark. One day he was discussing the movie "The Blair Witch Project" and how it really spooked him. Well that night, after convincing him he needed to be in his stand before light we snuck out while he was sleeping. We made a stop by the gut pile and gathered some bones then proceeded to hang them from trees around his stand. Needless to say he was the first one back at camp that morning.
so many grown men afraid of the dark:tearsofjoy: i say dude you know every road every trail and every species .....they are the same in the dark

When I was a kid, me and my buddies would catch pigeons with a net in the rafters of garages and barns. At night it’s pretty easy to do. Then we would take the pigeons and go to random houses and put the pigeons in between peoples screen door and front door, ring the doorbell and step back and watch people panic as pigeons flogged their way into their house.

we would also use universal tv remotes to stand outside peoples homes and drive them crazy when they thought their tv was doing it’s own thing.

Last edited:
I carved a wooden monster deer hoof and epoxied it to an old walking stick to leave tracks around my hunting buddies vehicles in the mud and snow. It drew a lot of attention to the area. Never told on myself til now.
Harmless and funny. Good way to re direct guys on public to another area.

Used to be in a club in SC where we let deer hang for a week in a walk in cooler and then the members would mass process them (25-30 deer each time) before we all came back home each Sunday morning. It was a regular occurrence to pack a pecker and balls and label it as backstrap butterflies for the grill. Usually would get a call around June or July when someone found their special "package". Made it even sweeter when they whined about thawing it all day and working out in the sun thinking about those lovely fillets they were planning on having for dinner!

I carved a wooden monster deer hoof and epoxied it to an old walking stick to leave tracks around my hunting buddies vehicles in the mud and snow. It drew a lot of attention to the area. Never told on myself til now.

Similar but different. I had a guy in camp that always seemed to squat on the spots I hunted or signed out for after I had left after the weekend. He was retired so he spent a lot of time at camp during the week when the rest of us would be working. So, being bound and determined to prove my suspensions I decided to use my rattling antlers for something other than rattling. I had signed out for a general area but rather than go hunting I spent that Sunday morning creating a rub and scrape line that would have made a Saskatchewan deer hunter blush. Needless to say I was right. That guy hunted that area for 5 days straight and then bragged to one of the other guys about a huge buck he was hunting.

tippin the portapody sideways up against the mill wall with the fork lift .its hard to poop at a 45 % angle.have to wipe your leg
The correct way to tip the portapoo is to wait until someone u really don't like goes in and then u tip it onto it's only way of escape.....or if u got a weekend to wait. Throw bags of quick crete in and tip on its door. Arrive early Monday with gloves and tip it back upright

I used to have a buddy and when we would go out to bars we would take on alter egos and just see how long u could make it without breaking character....I had a cheap business suit from goodwill..I was Duke Tomato (pronounced tA mA do) a small claims court attorney from Delaware. If any 1 reading ever met that character.....u got pranked HARD. Live improv that sometimes get u some knucklr bumps on ur head....

my neighbor was quite the character. He would make spray foam turds and paint them brown and place them with TP at his brothers stand locations. He also would Pee in a scrape and ask his brother check if its fresh, but one of my favorites was some of the other neighbors ranting about the fluorescent squirrels they saw in the tree tops of course he was trapping and painting their tales. RIP Dan.

The correct way to tip the portapoo is to wait until someone u really don't like goes in and then u tip it onto it's only way of escape.....or if u got a weekend to wait. Throw bags of quick crete in and tip on its door. Arrive early Monday with gloves and tip it back upright
My dad was a foreman on a construction project. They were trying to wrap the job up and they had asked the folks who they rented the jon from to pick the thing up a week ago. Finally, it's in the way and dad just has run out of bothers to give. So he tells the equipment operator to turn that porta jon over there into a porta jon way over that away. Operator happily obliges and rolls that thing several hundred yards across the job site with a dozer.

That fella in that jon probably swore it was more than a few hundred yards.

My dad was a foreman on a construction project. They were trying to wrap the job up and they had asked the folks who they rented the jon from to pick the thing up a week ago. Finally, it's in the way and dad just has run out of bothers to give. So he tells the equipment operator to turn that porta jon over there into a porta jon way over that away. Operator happily obliges and rolls that thing several hundred yards across the job site with a dozer.

That fella in that jon probably swore it was more than a few hundred yards.
Good man

Maybe you ex military guys can. Give more info. I was working with a guy who said they all hated there Sargent. So they use to wait for him to go into the portal jon, drop an RE packet into a bottle, shake it up and drop it down the vent pipe. He informed me they quickly expanded and blew up.

You can do the same with a little bit of water and dry ice in a plastic bottle that’s been capped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you ex military guys can. Give more info. I was working with a guy who said they all hated there Sargent. So they use to wait for him to go into the portal jon, drop an RE packet into a bottle, shake it up and drop it down the vent pipe. He informed me they quickly expanded and blew up.
An MRE ration heater packet and a bit of water inside a gatorade bottle will make a bang that will get the cops called. Gotta be a gatorade bottle though. They're tougher and build way more pressure.

6th grade. Summer camp. In our cabin there was a kid that sleep walks. One night we all moved him up to the top bunk and laughed when he fell at the middle of the night. Wasn't so funny anymore when we found out he dislocated his shoulder landing. Whole cabin spend the rest of camp sitting on the bench with him for things he couldnt do anymore.

I feel bad that he got hurt. But I'm not going to lie, to this day my only regret was "We should of put pillows on the floor".

Was at a buddies for a New Years party for the great Y2K collapse. The count down began and we ran to the breaker box and killed the power at midnight. The screams were priceless!

This one was done to me... baby powder in my cars air vents. They crank the fan on high and when I started the car poof! Baby powder everywhere. Worst part was it took 6 months for baby powder not to come out of the vents!

Back