• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator Cracked

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakin7005

SH Member
Brand new. Only used 4x. Anyone else see this? I emailed and left a message. Hope to hear back from them Monday. Not happy.
334c21dcbf64b798f765be27214ce9fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

DEF8D462-E2F5-4A6F-95AA-FC4DCFE64424.jpegMine did the exact same thing today, I emailed them also today, same spot, same crack, everything, I was waiting to hear back before I started a thread to give them a chance to make it right, apparently you beat me too it. What are the odds of 2 on the same day.

Last edited:
I’ve hunted out of particle board box blinds that are sturdier than those platforms. I’m not gonna tell someone how to spend their hard earned money but after the Gen 1 fiasco there’s no way I’d be giving them my money. If the platform said “HAWK” you’d have 10 pages of people ****ing on it before noon tomorrow. Best of luck though, I’m sure they’ll send you another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve hunted out of particle board box blinds that are sturdier than those platforms. I’m not gonna tell someone how to spend their hard earned money but after the Gen 1 fiasco there’s no way I’d be giving them my money. If the platform said “HAWK” you’d have 10 pages of people sh!tting on it before noon tomorrow. Best of luck though, I’m sure they’ll send you another one.
Lol if you don’t think Tethrd has received it’s fair share of 10-page-****ting-on’em threads, you haven’t searched the archives well enough.

ok
View attachment 41956Mine did the exact same thing today, I emailed them also today, same spot, same crack, everything, I was waiting to hear back before I started a thread to give them a chance to make it right, apparently you beat me too it. What are the odds of 2 on the same day.

When and where did you buy yours? Bakin’s is brand new.

if you guys bought from the same lot hopefully it is just an anomaly with that one lot.

I’ve got at least 50 hunts on my predator and it is my favorite piece of gear. Hands down.

Odds are with any piece of equipment we use if there are millions made and sold then your gonna have some bad apples. I bet they will take care of you guys no questions asked.

ok

When and where did you buy yours? Bakin’s is brand new.

if you guys bought from the same lot hopefully it is just an anomaly with that one lot.

I’ve got at least 50 hunts on my predator and it is my favorite piece of gear. Hands down.
I bought it from a member here just a few days ago, all I can tell you is it looked like a brand new one, it definitely isn’t very old, this is my second predator my first one came from tethrd and I sold it after a couple weeks, so I bought this one to replace it for whatever reason, I would say that number on the bottom would have some significance maybe to the lot they were produced or something. I will send you a PM Patriot

Last edited:
I guess if there is an up side to the two of you and your platform troubles is it serves as a reminder to all of us who hunt out of elevated stand systems the utter and absolute necessity to carefully inspect our gear after every use without exception
Thank God you both caught this defect before it made you a victim of a catastrophic failure while in use 20 or more feet up in a tree

In all fairness to any manufacturer they all absolutely every last one produce products with defects its literally almost impossible not to, how they handle the situation once such defects come to light is what matters most and defines them as a reputable or disreputable company from that point for ever more.

Last edited:
I have one on order.
Let you know how it looks.
That is definitely a safety item an Tethered should identify and recall.

I'm no metallurgist, but it seems aluminum casting just isn't a good process for something like this.
I read a posting either here or a similar site by a guy that IIRC quoted a metallurgical explanation explaining how differently tubular aluminum reacts and is affected by continuous essentially unending stresses like bending and flexing VS mild steel and the abbreviated version is aluminum doesn't handle stress forces placed on a specific area or spot that anywhere near as well as mild steel as aluminum again IIARC the article when exposed to constant flexing doesn't flex or spring back if you will without the original shape the aluminum was formed in as many times before weakening like mild steel does. I wonder if the same rules apply to cast aluminum?
I guess thats why they don't make truck leaf springs out of aluminum?

Brand new. Only used 4x. Anyone else see this? I emailed and left a message. Hope to hear back from them Monday. Not happy.
334c21dcbf64b798f765be27214ce9fc.jpg

Man that sucks , hope they give you a replacement or your money back. Got a ridge runner for Christmas , it is built like a tank and is rock solid on the tree . Good luck

There have been several with the same crack posted on FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What alerted you to the crack? Was it a loud noise, a “pop”, inspection, or something else?
No. Never heard or felt anything. Noticed while wrapping the strap around it after a morning hunt.

Mine arrived with a hair crack in the same spot. The response from Tethrd was that they had a bad lot and thought they found all the defective ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back