• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator Platform Mods?

Manasco30

Hey guys, first season saddle hunter here. Was wondering if there’s anyone out there that has made a mod to the predator platform? The bridge of my feet digs into the front lip when standing/leaning on stand. Wondering if there’s any ideas to modify it to help foot fatigue bc of this?

Hey guys, first season saddle hunter here. Was wondering if there’s anyone out there that has made a mod to the predator platform? The bridge of my feet digs into the front lip when standing/leaning on stand. Wondering if there’s any ideas to modify it to help foot fatigue bc of this?

You could probably figure out away to modify the platform to alleviate your discomfort but you might be better off just buying a stiffer sole boot, such as a mountaineering style. I bought some Lowa Tibet’s several years ago before saddle hunting (mainly for hiking/backpacking in the Blue Ridge), and they have made the transition to saddle hunting PAINLESS. I can comfortably use ring of steps or bolts, whereas with my lighter shoes or rubber boots, I’d experience fatigue and discomfort. Just a thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the Predator angled slightly down / away from tree which is more comfortable when leaning. Adjust your leveling bolt out and you may find it easier on your feet.

Exactly what I just did a few days ago. Worked well angled slightly downward even when standing

Back