• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pretty odd sighting in my neck of the woods

BZiegler

Not something you see every day in Minnesota, unfortunately this is the only picture I got of what I presume is an elk a few weeks back. The small buck picture is for reference taken on the same camera.

Attachments

• A826CFAC-34FD-4D22-95D7-A39B21A671F2.jpeg
    A826CFAC-34FD-4D22-95D7-A39B21A671F2.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 384
  • 9ED52D60-642D-42D3-A235-61472EBD2CE8.jpeg
    9ED52D60-642D-42D3-A235-61472EBD2CE8.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 382
I didn't realize there were elk in Minnesota. Nice!
27 licenses will be available this year for elk seasons in Kittson County’s central (Zone 20) and northeast (Zone 30) zones. It's a rough lottery if you want to hunt Elk in Mn, but it wasn't but a few years ago that I swear the number of licenses was down to 9.

I think they only issue 15 tags for Tennessee. The number has slowly grown over the years.

I think they only issue 15 tags for Tennessee. The number has slowly grown over the years.
Is it still setup so that only residents can apply to hunt elk.

I am not really sure. I put in for it every year because the license I purchase includes draw hunt applications. I really have little hope of drawing though and don't pay a lot of attention to the details.

Nice! In Arkansas they draw about 30 tags a year for elk, I've been putting in for 10 years but one day I will draw it!

Reactions: swd
I’m about 90 miles south of their range which is right up in the north west and east corners of the state so it’s pretty rare sighting.
Very cool. They’ve been releasing elk in Wisconsin over the past couple years and I’ve seen a couple. You may want to send that picture over to your local biologist for the county just so it’s on their radar. I know the Wisco DNR appreciates any unusual sightings.

Back