• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Primos Bowhunting Vest for lightweight run and gun

rabidd099

Pretty excited to try this Bowhunter's vest I picked up on ebay for $14! I think I'll ditch my pack for most hunts now, especially if i sew up a pack-out bag that can fold down real small. I still might need a pack for cold weather hunts but this vest does have hand warmer pockets which was a nice surprise.

Even after over a decade of saddle hunting im still impressed with how light you can go. I packed my vest with all my gear and then went to shot my bow to make sure the pockets didn't stick out too far, which they don't, and thought well i should clip my predator platform on. I went inside and started to freak out because I couldn't find it...yup I had already clipped it on the back of the vest and had forgotten it was there.

So far my only gripe is that the mesh on the inside back is sewn in a way that it isn't a large pocket like a turkey vest. I know that would make the straps that clip the platform hang out but they could be sewn to the inside and thru a hole to make compression straps for the turkey style back pocket. The way it currently is just adds a layer of mesh below the outer camo which will just make it warmer in hot weather, and if it had a pocket it could be a universal hunting vest.

However, if you were good at sewing you could turn it into a pocket by cutting one in and sewing it up, but im not prepared to do that just yet. Might buy another to try becuase 14 bucks is a steal.
7834b2bb0cdd852bf94d12932471fa18.jpg
36c4b09e9afabba59858e69d4a818eac.jpg
40cbb5c0dc0710c431c586e3266262b9.jpg
0b10ace3ef83c2bcacb17b344a75ba94.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pretty dang cool. How does it hike in? Nothing flops around? How did you attach the platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty dang cool. How does it hike in? Nothing flops around? How did you attach the platform?

I've only walked around with it on so far no real hiking yet, but the platform doesn't flop at all, i truely forgot it was there. It is attached with 2 straps with clips i just feed them through the platform at the bottom and then back through the top the strap length is a prefect fit for the predator platform. The straps are meant for rain or winter jackets or something of similar size. Ill still have room to put my winter jacket with the platform if I needed to.

Do you still wear a pack for water, food, extra layers (assuming you hunt cold winters)?

Water can be fit in the inside pocket i have a small one in there but a nalgene sized bottle would fit in those pockets, they would bulge out some though. Food is normally just snacks unless im doing an all day sit. An extra jacket will still fit in the straps along with the platform, so i dont know if ill bring a pack. I just ordered a pack out vest too:

https://masterofskulls.com/store/sherpa-pack-vest/

Its similar to "the pack out vest" but not $100 dollars.

So if I roll that up under the predator i should be able to get everything for run and gunning and kill kit with a pack out method in the vest. It doesn't get super cold here so I might be able to go all winter we'll find out.

Im still considering making a small cut in the back to make a huge pocket but I wont do that until i give it a good couple tests this season first.

I have looked into these vest, I like the idea. What I have been doing lately is using my cargo pockets on my pants. I really don't take a lot with me.

It gets little bulky when you start putting stuff in inside pockets. Other than that I like mine pretty good

Back