• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Problem solved!

WHW

Vendor Rep
This past season was my first using a saddle. Having pre-ordered a Kestrel it was mid season before it arrived. Didn't take long for me to get it adjusted and become comfortable using it. The only problem I had was when I accidently bumped my hanging bow and the arrow fell to the ground. This happened on three different hunts and it's unacceptable. I'm a traditional bow hunter and my bow has a very small shelf, so it doesn't take much for this to happen. I believe I've come up with a good, simple solution for the problem, using a rubber band with a castration ring. It's an easy set and one hand remove, so simple but effective.

en1T5pm.jpg

nY9IsLW.jpg

ciG3kDp.jpg

2TfSaoG.jpg

Nope, no issues, just cleaned my riser with a little running alcohol first and patted dry with a hair dryer. adhesive sticks a little better while the riser is still warm too. They make one with a more of a square adhesive mount as well depending on your riser. The "grip" on the arrow can get a little stiff in the extreme cold, so its good to have bow in hand and release prior to drawing for shot. I think other companies other than grayling are bohing made one at some point, cobra used to make the "sta-jac" and there is the kwik-lok a lot of people use, but I think it is too obtrusive.

Reactions: WHW
I feel for you Warren, I hate that when it happens! Good thing is its's been years.
I also use an arrow holder too . I keep Kwick Lok adhesive rubber arrow holders on all my risers. I just wipe the spot on the riser down with a little alcohol or fletch lac thinner and stick on. I've never had one come off or start to even a little.
https://www.footedshaftllc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_62&products_id=302
https://blackwidowbows.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=114_122&product_id=400

Thank you Vtbow, I like the self release. I'll probably get a couple. We don't have "extreme cold" down here so that won't be a problem.

Thank you Vtbow, I like the self release. I'll probably get a couple. We don't have "extreme cold" down here so that won't be a problem.
No worries, they're cheap enough to give a try! Looks like @100rollie uses the kwik lok and likes it too. So a couple good options.

Thank you 100rollie, I knew that these things existed, but my search skills need sharpening. lol

Yes me too, Fortunately / Unfortunately because I "$pend, $pend $pend" on my archery addiction, I keep - ( 3 Rivers, Kustom King, Black Widow, Footed Shaft, Big Jim, ect. ) on my "Favorites Bar" To darn convenient! :smirk:

This past season was my first using a saddle. Having pre-ordered a Kestrel it was mid season before it arrived. Didn't take long for me to get it adjusted and become comfortable using it. The only problem I had was when I accidently bumped my hanging bow and the arrow fell to the ground. This happened on three different hunts and it's unacceptable. I'm a traditional bow hunter and my bow has a very small shelf, so it doesn't take much for this to happen. I believe I've come up with a good, simple solution for the problem, using a rubber band with a castration ring. It's an easy set and one hand remove, so simple but effective.

en1T5pm.jpg

nY9IsLW.jpg

ciG3kDp.jpg

2TfSaoG.jpg

I haven’t dropped an arrow for 4 years then I dropped 3 last season. Two in one night! That was enough of that. I ordered a kwik lok, trimmed it to fit my riser, and taped it on. It works VERY well. I was worried it wouldn’t work on the small Axis shafts but it’s not an issue at all.

I also added a neodymium magnet to my grappling hook to retrieve unhookable metal objects.

I haven’t dropped an arrow for 4 years then I dropped 3 last season. Two in one night! That was enough of that. I ordered a kwik lok, trimmed it to fit my riser, and taped it on. It works VERY well. I was worried it wouldn’t work on the small Axis shafts but it’s not an issue at all.

I also added a neodymium magnet to my grappling hook to retrieve unhookable metal objects.

Magnet addition is a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a 3rd beer idea right there.

Wouldn’t of thought of that Mr Warren I actually got aggravated and put a little flipper rest on my recurve to keep from knocking my arrow off.No more shooting off the shelf but the bow shoots well from it so I guess it serves the purpose

I’ve done something similar for years, with a toothpick that has a rubber band half-hitched to one end. Lay the toothpick across the arrow, wrap the rubber band around the riser, and loop it onto the free end of the toothpick. I think the late Dean Torres first described it in Traditional Bowhunter mag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back