• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pruning in the Park with my Yellow Jacket(tm) Saddle

bj139

I started climbing in the park last year but would not go near this tree with a dead limb stuck in it. There was a work crew a few months ago and I figured they would remove it. They cut a lot of other trees but left this. I guess they were not climbers. Today I climbed up and removed it as a public service in case it fell down and impaled a child or maybe even me. I had just descended when the local park workers came driving by in their truck. They looked at me a few times and kept driving. Last year they told me I could not climb. They probably saw how pathetic I was as a new climber. :D Anyway here are some pictures and a video. My line was up about 30 feet since my rope is 35 feet long. OK, that's a fish story height but definitely more than 25 feet.
Photo taken in May 2020.

Up the tree with my Yellow Jacket Saddle(tm).

Limb Down.

After Descent

Rope and Saw

Corona Saw

Job Done. Have to go pick up the wood.

Pulling Down Rope
My Yellow Jacket Saddle(tm) Setup

Last edited:
That’s a pretty decent sized limb. How’d did that hand saw act against it?
It took less than a minute. Easy. I was hiding behind the trunk for the last part of the cut. These things can reach out and bite you when you least suspect.

Those corona brand saws are ferocious. Highly recommend them. Lightweight, inexpensive, and they eat wood like a fat kid eats cheese pizza.
Get outta here, I ain't giving you my money! ahahaha

Those corona brand saws are ferocious. Highly recommend them. Lightweight, inexpensive, and they eat wood like a fat kid eats cheese pizza.
They were on sale at Lowes a few months ago. I couldn't find my Silky Zubat yesterday so I grabbed a Corona. That reminds me, I have to buy beer.

Here I am drinking a Corona while cutting tree with my Corona. Here I am drinking a Miller while welding with my Miller. Any others?

Here I am drinking a Corona while cutting tree with my Corona. Here I am drinking a Miller while welding with my Miller. Any others?
Here I am
"You're watching the NutterBuster Channel. Sponsored by...CORONA!"

I actually like it...
that could be taken two fold. A saw in one hand and a beer in the other

Back