• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Public land scouting trip

This guy flew in outta the sky and tried to take my wallet20200802_144919.jpg
20200802_144641.jpg20200802_144653.jpg20200802_144705.jpg

Florida special....the 10 footer leaned up on a pine
20200802_145008.jpg20200802_145309.jpg

W T F?
20200802_145320.jpg pigs on the beach
20200802_145206.jpg20200802_144552.jpg
index.php

Attachments

• 20200802_144936.jpg
    20200802_144936.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 262
The hurricane should cool things off, at least. Is it near?

Looks like some of the wmas I should be scouting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a little windy and pressure is down....I got drizzled on a couple times. I hadn't paired much attention to the storm but the local power company sent me a text saying its expected to be here tomorrow....only 85% humidity today hahaha

I’ll be battling it out with hundreds of other in citrus for part of this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics.

Did a similar outing yesterday to pull cards and scout. Lots of critters running around. Good to get out after too much WFH.

Got a lot of 2 legged critters on cam. I predict increased pressure on public land this season.

Great pics.

Did a similar outing yesterday to pull cards and scout. Lots of critters running around. Good to get out after too much WFH.

Got a lot of 2 legged critters on cam. I predict increased pressure on public land this season.
I found 2 cameras and a handful of new flagging tape trails....lucky for me I dont hunt thr roads like those guys

It be cool to have a follow up in the successful hunt section 2nd weekend of October....I found lots of sign and learned it will be another big acorn crop this year...the quota is a 3 day hunt....I placed the two cameras in areas I hope to learn about a specific buck I've know about for years...he lives on an island that only really has 3 exits. 1 is onto private and the other 2 onto public. I set those cameras on the 2 exits hoping to see if he prefers 1 or the other or doesnt use them at all....I found big tracks on 1 of them and I like to think it may be him. I am fortunate enough to have a spot I can hunt with no quotas this year that 1 hope to harvest a doe at the beginning of the season in September so I can target that buck while on the quota hunt....if I haven't put any meat in the freezer by that quota hunt I probably change tactics and set up on some others areas I know from past years have go deer movement (mostly does)...i dont care about antlers but it sure would feel good to make my first public land buck be 1 i have history with. Fingers crossed the storm's hold out and i got a little luck

Awesome pics. and it looks like you're right in the deer sign. Nice trails, rubs and beds. I'd be stoked!!!

Any day spent in the woods is better than in the office.....looks like a good time. I really enjoy scouting.

Back