• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Public Landers, Ohio

SG843

Anyone heading towards SE Ohio this fall? Planning on doing my usual Solo annual trip. Curious if anyone else is doing the same. Give No and expect No details on area (have my own) but would be nice to possibly put some faces with names if luck would find ourselves within areas. I have often wondered if some of "the guys" on hunting forums have crossed paths before unknowingly.

I have a fairly wide range. Triangular Tippecanoe, Zanesville, Marietta areas. Shooting for October 20th - November 2nd. Then November 10th - November 23rd if haven't tagged out. Sure I'll have to be home on Thanksgiving though or I will be served divorce papers. LoL

Anyhow, just throwing it out there. Again, please no detailed posting. Doesn't take but one slip of the fingers to ruin a decent area with a forever Internet search. Save the details for PMs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I will be over there a few times but not really in those areas. Hard to tell where I'll end up over there tho lol. Trying to be as flexible as possible this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be headed to Ohio again in December, but nothing solid yet.

I did run into a fellow talk forum hunter (this forum wasn't up at the time) on public land in Illinois on a late season December hunt a few days after their gun season ended in 2008. There had been about 8 inches of fresh snow dumped the evening before I left and I ran into him at the check in station where hunters have to sign in before they can park in one of the many designated parking lots. I did take the attached buck on my very first evening hunt during a blizzard in minus 30 degree wind chill temperatures. Was one of my most memorable bowhunts.

2008 - 12 point  - Copy.JPG PC160564 - 247 KB.JPG

I will be there on opening weekend and I will be there Nov 4th until the 18th. Hopefully I will get my new saddle and have it figured out and have a safe system in place by then.

Back