• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Question about peddling my junk - apps

elk yinzer

SH Member
We got a new fridge and I need to sell the old one. I want this mother gone fast and for as much cash as I can get.

Is Craigslist still the way to go? Are any of these newfangled apps I occasionally see advertised (can't even remember the name) worth it? I guess I could have my wife list it on f$%*book too.

We got a new fridge and I need to sell the old one. I want this mother gone fast and for as much cash as I can get.

Is Craigslist still the way to go? Are any of these newfangled apps I occasionally see advertised (can't even remember the name) worth it? I guess I could have my wife list it on f$%*book too.
Craigslist still works but no where near as much traffic as Facebook Marketplace. I’m not on Facebook but I’ve used my wife’s account to buy and sell

yeah, craigslist is what I still use. I dont love FB marketplace though my wife has sold some stuff on it. Either way, gotta figure only about 50% of the inquirieis are worth it and only about 50% of those will actual show up when they say they will...

I think Facebook is better now than Craigslist. Alot of people I think like it as you can see a little bit about the buyer where Craigslist you are not sure what weirdo it is.

I think Facebook is better now than Craigslist. Alot of people I think like it as you can see a little bit about the buyer where Craigslist you are not sure what weirdo it is.
Funny, thats what I dont like about FB. I dont want the buyer to knwo anything about me :)

I lived on craigslist but it isn’t what it used to be. Just last week I reopened my Facebook account just to buy and sell stuff. I had been off it for 4 years... stuff sells and sells fast like the craigslist of old.

I used to buy and sell pretty often on Craigslist. Anymore 75% of the responses I get off of Craigslist are scam artist. Now if I want to sell something I just give my wife the description and pics and let her put it on Facebook. Half the people don't show from Facebook but at least you know it's a real person standing you up.

Have you sold hunting gear through this app? I have some old hangon stands and a summit climber I’d like to get rid of, too big to ship.
I have bought hunting gear on the APP. I have only sold a few appliances. You cant sell guns but bows and hunting gear is fine and there is a decent amount on there.

Back