• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Question for both or either experienced Guido's Web and JX3 owners

DMTJAGER

Was at my private gun club today and was discussing post season deer hunting and the guy I was speaking with that I know pretty well was telling me about of all things a Guido's Web he just bought from a friend at a price so good he felt he couldn't pass on it and at worst could likely recoup 80-90% of his cost if he ended up reselling it. He used it most of the season and was very very happy with it.

It really is a small world. I was very surprised he had not chosen to join this website but had read every review of the Guido's web he found here and else where form his goggle search and he has watched in his words every last Guido's Web video he could find before he bought the GW that was as he described in perfect essentially unused condition.

I said I was considering buying the newer version of the GW, the JX3 but was concerned about investing $400 in an something I can not try before I buy. He very graciously offered his Guido's web for several months if need be to try out to see if I would like it as a way to test before I buy a JX3.

The GW is a size XL and he and I are the same height 6'-2" and he is a little heavier than I at 270lbs so the fit would be near exact for me to use and test drive the GW.

My question for hopefully Guido's Web and JX3 owners, that is if you can answer it, is the Guido's Web close enough in fit and function to a JX3 that I can try out a Guido's Web and be able to accurately base my decision of weather or not to buy a JX3 on my experience using a Guido's Web?
If I do barrow his GW I plan on doing at least a dozen ground level sits and taking a great many shots with my bow to be able to make a extremely well informed experienced based decision.

Thanks for the help,
Art.

Do you hunt a lot in 60*+ weather?

Do you pack deer out?

Do you have enough DIY capability to add a lineman’s belt to the web to be able to climb with the seat up? It likely wouldn’t require sewing.

Do you care if the fork is adjustable or not? If you do, do you have the diy capability to drill out and slot the guido fork and add hardware to make it adjustable?

Can you tolerate a little more strappage adjustment on the web versus the hybrid ? There’s an additional side adjustment strap on the web that is eliminated on the hybrid.

If those things are kept in mind, you can make a web work. Once you’re sitting in them, amd adjusted properly, in less than 60* weather, there’s no noticeable difference between the two. It’s all the things above I mentioned that make a difference.

no one here can answer your question because no one here is capable of being in your head. We don’t know how well you can look at one piece of equipment and extrapolate how well another similar piece of equipment will function for you.

But above are the major differences.

I owned and hunted out of the Guidos web for one season. I practiced out of it at 20 feet several times before going out on my first hand. I killed a nice buck the first hour of the first sit!

My only problem with the Guidos web was that it was just too bulky, WAY to bulky!! I’ve since spent the last several years hunting out of a Lonewolf hand climber and a rock climbing harness. I ended up using the rock climbing harness just like a tree saddle and plantform.

My only recommendation would be to try out some other alternatives besides the Guidos web. I don’t know what the total weight differences between a modern sleek lightweight harness and the Guidos web, but it jas to be several hundred percent more.

I love my Guidos Web just wish it was easier to climb with but if you climb with 3 or 4 sticks it won't be a problem!

I've had both. Quido's is hot in early season. The JX3 is built with the mesh bottom and back, but I kept sliding out of / forward in the seat. I still have the Guido's and have killed deer out of it, but don't use it. I sold the JX3. I am now using a TX5.

Thanks for the replies. I was and still are very interested and intrigued by the JX3 but I have to draw the line at expenses some where as I do not have enough money to buy all the hunting equipment I would like to and must also equip my sons, one of which will out grow most of my vast array of hunting clothing he now uses, especially my boots. Finding size 15XXW hunting boots will not be a cheap endeavor by any means.
Unless I fail to get on the round or orders I plan on ordering a TX5 later next month.

I have one and have had it for years. I climb with the seat down and it doesn't bother me as far as the fork some guys modified it but I didn't. It's a great saddle for all day sits.

Back