• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quiver for recurve

Ryanp1212

What type and brand quiver do u traditional guys recomend for my recurve. I've got an old pse ghost I've been shooting for last couple years feeling confident enough to take her into the woods this season. Let me know what u guys use

I personally don't like a quiver on my bow. I have tried to force myself to use one multiple times but, I always end up taking it off. I used to use Catquiver and loved it but, I think did something stupid and sold it at a yardsale back when I got married. Currently, I have an older quiver strapped to the side of my backpack.

I use great northern adjustable quivers. They have two models that would work, one straps on and the other attaches to the limb bolts. If you use the strap on make sure the rubber straps are either on or close to the riser. You don’t wan the straps on the wrong part of the limb. Both go on/off easily if you are not comfortable shooting with it on. My hunting buddy takes his off when he gets to the stand. If you leave it on be sure to check your tuning as it may change. Also practice with it in the b ow.

Great Northern and Thunderhorn are my favorite trad bow quivers. Safari Tuff is a good quiver if you don't want a bow quiver....I've used all 3 of these extensively and know they work.....

Eagles Flight Archery makes a super light compact strap on quiver. The Selway quiver was way too big for me. I don’t need 6 arrows. 4 is plenty.

bigjimsbowshop.com has some awesome handmade his wife Barb makes them. they have 4 or 5 possible 6 arrow holder quivers.

Ive used the same Screaming Eagle strap on quiver for the last 27 years. I like it enough that I haven't tried any Selways or Great Northerns. I keep threatening to get a new one but why change if it works well?
This is probably minor, but one thing I am not crazy about on most trad quivers is the leather hood. They look sweet and all but leather holds odor. Its the same reason why I don't use a leather arm guard any longer.

The eagles flight quiver is nice and lightweight. I also have the 3rivers mini boa and it is really nice too.

Most of the quivers on the market are over $100. Big Jim's Quiver is $68 after shipping and it is an awesome quiver. Pops on and off super easy and holds to the bow super tight. I cant recommend it enough.

EFA (Eagles Flight) with the totem and setback is my first choice. Just enough but not too much.

Great Northern is awesome on a takedown because you can easily remove the quiver.

Kanati is nice as well but built a little heavy for my taste. Kinda like an EFA.

I also use a Palmer Elite side quiver. It’s heavy but indestructible. Pocket is at the bottom.

I had an Safari Tuff but the pocket at the top made it feel awkward when loaded. The Duiker looks nice.

Great Northern makes a great "Quick mount limb bolt" quiver that I have been using on my recurves for years. They are costly though.
Mine comes off in seconds, and hangs in the tree when I hunt. One is over 25 years old been on many recurves, and still like new.
I also have a highly modified Cat quiver II that gets used when on the ground.

I like the traditions leathercraft oki 3 arrow quiver, real nice easy to put on and take off for fixed two blade heads, they do different ones for other broad heads with the same style straps,regards wayne

Back