• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quivers with long hoods

Exhumis

SH Member
Tired of cutting my fingers cuz I'm an oaf, anyone have a good suggestion for a quiver with a long hood? Been looking at the tree limb brand, they look fairly long. Currently using a kwikee and it’s not long enough.

Just wrap a piece of leather around the hood of your current quiver and tape or make it real nice and stitch it. I done several long hoods for my 3+” of broadheads I use to use

Tired of cutting my fingers cuz I'm an oaf, anyone have a good suggestion for a quiver with a long hood? Been looking at the tree limb brand, they look fairly long. Currently using a kwikee and it’s not long enough.

@Exhumis - did you try removing the glued-in rubber insert on your Kwikee quiver? I have several 3-arrow Kwikee quivers and did that to all of them. At least for their 3-arrow quivers, removal of the rubber insert with a pair of pliers creates enough space to seat the 200 gr Grizzlystik Samurai broadheads without any unguarded edge. (And they’re quite long 3:1 tapered heads)

Ha. I "gently" sliced myself on a broadhead Saturday. I just bought a cheap Trophy Ridge 5 Spot since my new arrows kept slipping out of my old quiver and apparently it's not deep enough. I may try the leather trick for the rest of this season...

@Exhumis - did you try removing the glued-in rubber insert on your Kwikee quiver? I have several 3-arrow Kwikee quivers and did that to all of them. At least for their 3-arrow quivers, removal of the rubber insert with a pair of pliers creates enough space to seat the 200 gr Grizzlystik Samurai broadheads without any unguarded edge. (And they’re quite long 3:1 tapered heads)
I didn’t, I figured it would destroy the hood trying to remove the rubber liner. I’ll try that, thanks for the tip.

I have the same issue...I've just tried to pay attention but I've been cut...I haven't addressed it yet but now that it's on topic I look thru the inventory of junk I have and brainstorm....my broadheads hang down maybe 3/4-1". I have the 5 arrow trophy ridge generic removable double capture quiver...for me leather won't work...I'm getting rained on and hunting in wet terrain to often for that....That map tube idea sounds pretty good....maybe even a 2 liter or milk jug plastic riveted or sewn...I got sheets of rubber...brainstorm

Duuuuuude!! That worked perfect! I didn’t realize that rubber insert took up so much space. Peekaboo broadheads ftw.
E5823853-0C4C-4629-AD99-6A1760181B0E.png

Quickee quiver is a underrated quiver they are real good I like to cover them in leather when I have them mounted on my trad bows I think I might go back to using them

It could use another fastener on the front to be really good...I think the tension of the vet wrap will be sufficient...if it's not I'll add a rivet to the front and it will be good

Back