• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quivers

MN_Bowhunter4

I need to get a quiver for my one piece. No bushing mounts and I’m sick of carrying my quiver in separate. I’m looking at the selway slide on. Anybody have experience with it? Pros and cons using slide on vs strap on?

I prefer the 3Rivers 4-arrow Mini-Boa strap on. Great quiver and it fits my style of hunting. It’s small and lightweight. Fits my one piece and takedown bows. I only carry 3 arrows while hunting (2 broadhead and 1 field tip). Big Fan here!!
Have a great day!

EDIT: name of quiver

Last edited:
I have had a bunch of quivers through the years. I’ve had a couple fancy Thunderhorn Boa, Rawhide Selway. EWA, but I always go back to my 2 Great Northern quivers. They are stabile, quiet, solid, and just work. One of mine is almost 20 years old and the other 10-15. Still have the original foam. I’ve replaced the straps a couple times but they still function perfectly.

I own 5 Great Northerns. Get a strap on quiver, it’s light weight, fits tight to the bow and goes on/off easily.

Personally, I am a fan of the Eagles Flight Archery quivers. I hate the weight of a quiver on my bow and the EFA quivers are the lightest quivers I have found and their strap system has been really solid for me. Plus, they are cheaper than many other options. Here is a pic of @Red Beard new EFA: https://saddlehunter.com/community/...-choose-traditional-archery.31467/post-516744

It's a small operation in NC I believe and it is a little tricky ordering his offset bracket because it doesn't show up in his website, you have to search for it or call him.

Personally, I am a fan of the Eagles Flight Archery quivers. I hate the weight of a quiver on my bow and the EFA quivers are the lightest quivers I have found and their strap system has been really solid for me. Plus, they are cheaper than many other options. Here is a pic of @Red Beard new EFA: https://saddlehunter.com/community/...-choose-traditional-archery.31467/post-516744

It's a small operation in NC I believe and it is a little tricky ordering his offset bracket because it doesn't show up in his website, you have to search for it or call him.
This EFA is the bees knees. Super small and lightweight. Can't even tell it's there without arrows in it.

I’ve got them all. Cant fault any of them. They all carry arrows well. I actually like the selway slide on quite a bit. The great northern strap on has a lot of flex to it. The selway is more rigid and yes the hood is hard as plastic but I like it. I have the Hoyt carbon solo on my satori and it works really well also. I tend to decide on the quiver based on the bow more than anything. Strap ons are much easier to remove for travel and things. But if it’s a one piece bow it gets the selway slide on. If I had bushings on a one piece I’d look at the great northern side mount kickback extreme.

I prefer the 3Rivers 4-arrow Mini-Boa strap on. Great quiver and it fits my style of hunting. It’s small and lightweight. Fits my one piece and takedown bows. I only carry 3 arrows while hunting (2 broadhead and 1 field tip). Big Fan here!!
Have a great day!

EDIT: name of quiver
WOW, I just went back and re-read my first post.......that first sentence could EASELY be taken out of context! Please keep the topic of this thread in the back of your mind while reading......My Apologies! :tearsofjoy:

Back