• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quota permits

bongo

SH Member
I was talking with some other guys hunting this quota hunt. There was 125 permits given out but only about 30 people hunting in total. So I was talking to a guy that pulls this hunt almost every year and he said the reason there’s no people hunting is tree huggers apply for a lot of the permits so the deer have a better chance.
I think it’s kinda sh*tty but don’t have a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy. You get pulled and don't hunt, you're not able to put in next year. Or 5 years or whatever. Or if you get pulled and don't go, it rolls over to a second round of hunting that you can't put in for. Won't stop it completely, but it'll cut some of that sh#t out quick.

Short of that, physically pull numbers from the inside of a deers ribcage. ;)

Easy. You get pulled and don't hunt, you're not able to put in next year. Or 5 years or whatever. Or if you get pulled and don't go, it rolls over to a second round of hunting that you can't put in for. Won't stop it completely, but it'll cut some of that sh#t out quick.

Short of that, physically pull numbers from the inside of a deers ribcage. ;)

Unless I get mighty lucky in the morning I think the deer won this round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bongo in Georgia they set the quota numbers with the mindset that 30 percent won’t show. Even the really good hunts that take 3+ priority points have the same percent fail to turn out.

can't make us happy - too many hunters we complain about the pressure. Too few hunters we complain about the tree huggers.

haha I'm kidding. No shows don't get drawn. For the brave ones that do show, i'd say the hunter be required to be carrying the weapon of the season as well, or they don't get drawn again.

In Arkansas, they have started charging a $5 fee per quota application. It,s not a large fee, but it sure has deterred people from applying. I,m ok with it, because I know the money is going into conservation and it is keeping the tree huggers from meddling. They need their $5 for a Latte, I recon! The proof is that after the drawing is done, the number of available tags that aren’t claimed go up for sale. That number seems to have increased and us that do hunt are able to purchase even if we didn’t get drawn.

Back