• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rain gear

jgleas114

SH Member
I hunt in Louisiana. It’s not uncommon for it to be 70-80 and even more common for it to be raining.

I’m looking for quiet and light rain gear. What are you using ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was shocked to find that packable, non insulated rain gear was higher priced than insulated ,good luck on finding a new set under a 100 ,with that being said cabelas just had a sale on their space rain suit ,

Plythal rain gear has lasted me for about the last 6 years and it’s light, packable. Just noticed that I finally got a leak in the pants last weekend but for the $, I think 6 years was pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're looking for cheap, frogg toggs work pretty good, though not the quietest.

I was shocked to find that packable, non insulated rain gear was higher priced than insulated ,good luck on finding a new set under a 100 ,with that being said cabelas just had a sale on their space rain suit ,

Man I am/was SHOCKED at the prices!

Back