• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Raptor Buckles

bowhunter15

Vendor Rep
I know some people use the Cobra buckles for a waist strap on the SitDrag. After some searching, I found that there's an alternative option. These seem pretty similar in application, are made in the USA, rated for 4000lb, and come in flat colors. I ordered one from Amazon for $21 and will let you guys know what I think. I didn't have a waist belt on my SitDrag last year but want to add one to be able to make more confident moves in the tree or put slack in the tether without the SitDrag feeling loose.

http://raptorbuckleusa.com/1-raptor-buckle-odg-gen-2/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Those look pretty sweet, I'm interested, are you gonna sew it yourself?

How noisy are the buckles? I've got a couple web belts already just lying around, but I'm afraid they won't be long enough because with a sit and drag I think you might want a little more room.

They're not noisy at all when hooked up. They are metal so you just can't bump anything against them. I tried it out in the back yard and it seemed to work fine. Once I got the belt tightened in the correct spot that is. At first it kept wanting to make the SitDrag slide up my back so finally I just sat in it like a swing and tightened the buckle. That seemed to solve it.

A solid buckle on a good waist belt makes a HUGE difference in the SD. I wouldn't use mine without it.

A solid buckle on a good waist belt makes a HUGE difference in the SD. I wouldn't use mine without it.
I've found that it works well for leaning, but when sitting it makes the sit drag want to ride up a bit.

That's true. I loosen it up once I get tied into my tether. I keep the belt just snug enough that when I take weight off my tether the SD doesn't slide down.

That's true. I loosen it up once I get tied into my tether. I keep the belt just snug enough that when I take weight off my tether the SD doesn't slide down.
I've found that it works well for leaning, but when sitting it makes the sit drag want to ride up a bit.

Sounds like the same thing I do with my aero hunter. I keep the belt tight for walking and climbing and then loosen it up when I start hanging.

Back