• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

RDA 1 stick

Grant1775

Curious if anyone has any info about the RDA 1 stick seems like a really good bang for your buck but i havent been able to find very much research about how they hold up, not sure if this already has a thread goingA2F81726-420B-45FC-A5B9-6216258CD97B.jpeg

Curious if anyone has any info about the RDA 1 stick seems like a really good bang for your buck but i havent been able to find very much research about how they hold up, not sure if this already has a thread goingView attachment 78593

I bought one in August. Double step on top, Lookout lower step, 2 step aider. He was building off a Muddy Pro tube and cleat then. I was going to just order the lower step, but it was a good deal for the full setup and I don't mind throwing a bit extra cash his way. His youtube videos (@SRT Saddle Hunter) have been helpful to me.

Loving the Lookout lower step.

Curious as you are Grant1775 about anyone with this full stick configured with the crow's next platform on top. Waiting during off season to decide on which all in one stick to purchase. This looks a little less bulky than the Big BOB or Ultimate One Stick. Guessing there will be some other offerings developed before next season by others as well. I hadn't even heard of RDA Outdoors until your post...thanks for the heads up!

Yea looks like its a 15in post, im wanting to just get the double step with 3 step aider. @Plebe how secure does the stick feel on the tree, does it wobble or does it feel pretty solid.

Yea looks like its a 15in post, im wanting to just get the double step with 3 step aider. @Plebe how secure does the stick feel on the tree, does it wobble or does it feel pretty solid.

Mine is 14.5" step to step. It has a different standoff than the current build. I think the newer standoff is better. Still, I never had any wobble. But I tagged out really early so my use was limited to offseason practice. Can't say how it'd be on wonky trees.

This was my first season in a saddle and one sticking. I purchased an RDA one stick with double steps on top and bottom with the 3 step aider. Purchase was easy, and I recieved everything quickly. There was some setup required but nothing out of the ordinary and even if it came fully configured I would have double checked all the bolts and connection points myself.

Overall I was extremely impressed with the bite across a variety of trees including those with relatively smooth bark. The aider worked well enough and once I got the hang of foot placement and using my toe as a standoff I was able to easily make each move with minimal fumbling around while hanging in the saddle.

I think this stick is a good balance between utility, price, and weight. I am planning to add a platform to the top this coming year, so can't speak to the stability of that setup but imagine it is similar to other products in that niche.

I bought the RDA 1 stick and just got it a couple days ago. I got it with the top and bottom double steps with a 3 step aider. This thang is solid im glad i picked it up, such a good price too compared to similar 1 sticks out there

I just got mine last night and couldn't be happier. The construction/workmanship is superb, first impression I'm blown away but quality and price. Will give a full review when I get a chance to actually use it but here in the tundra the season is over and there's 3 feet of snow on ground--may be a little while.

I just got mine last night and couldn't be happier. The construction/workmanship is superb, first impression I'm blown away but quality and price. Will give a full review when I get a chance to actually use it but here in the tundra the season is over and there's 3 feet of snow on ground--may be a little while.
Does he have a webpage?

He had a 15% sale going on over the holidays so my stick w/ crow's nest top and no aider plus 36' of resc tech was $285 w/ shipping if that helps.

Anyone have a general ballpark price of what shipping cost them?

I'm sure it depends on location and configuration...but..

Cost to ship to me was $5.99.

Extremely fair.

He had a 15% sale going on over the holidays so my stick w/ crow's nest top and no aider plus 36' of resc tech was $285 w/ shipping if that helps.
I'm sure it depends on location and configuration...but..

Cost to ship to me was $5.99.

Extremely fair.

Awesome guys, thank you. That's about what I came up with too. I thought maybe there was a mistake on S/H, but apparently not.

Glad I searched this, I’ve been eying up this stick for a while. I’ll be purchasing it here in the coming days.

I plan on getting just the double steps and using my seeker, anyone have any pics?

Specifically any pics of the double step on top and bottom, that’s the only one they don’t have pictures of on their website.

just any pictures you have of the stick with a double step on top and bottom and how you like climbing on it.

I should have been more clear I have a lookout top and bottom step. I currently don’t have the lookout on the top of my stick I have the monarch. I can take the monarch off and put on the lookout of you like. Here is a pic of the one and only time I hunted with the lookout top step and a platform this year. I like the monarch paired with 3 squirrel steps.

4971a84f3f3599d820314e96f6b44efa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back