• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Recommend a Pack to strap 3 full length Hawks to the back or sides

joel0711

Currently carrying sticks with a Amazon shoulder strap. It works o.k. but is clumsy with back pack shoulder straps. Will some one recommend a pack that the sticks can be strapped to the back or sides ( i can use 3 but have 4 sticks total full length,rope mod). All I have now is a small one from the China emporium (Wal-Mart).
Rather buy once--cry once than collect back packs!!

I have a Mystery Ranch Mule pack that I added extra straps to across the back. I can put my predator platform and extra clothes if it's going to be cold on the meat shelf, my regular gear that always goes with me in the bag, and strap 4 or 5 cutdown heliums to the back. The frame is great to carry long distances.

I strap 4 hawks to the side of my kuiu 4000. Kuiu has this neat strapping system, where there are a bunch of sewn in anchors that you can attach their straps to. I use three of those straps on the side of the pack to attach my sticks, and then I use one across the front of the pack for my platform. nice thing about kuiu is you can buy multiple pack sizes and they all marry up to the one frame.

I have a Kuiu 2300. I strap 4 full length sticks and my coat on the back. Platform rides in pack till I get to the tree. Then I hang it from my saddle.

Carries very well.

Eberlestock X2. You could add a fourth stick and carry it just as easily. The bag is so well designed for carrying sticks on the wings.

Nice! I’ve got a platform on the way, so I like how well it all packs up. If you could add your bow to the pack it would be really slick.

The easton fullbore is perfect if you can find one, it has wings and a net to hold the sticks up a little but no lid to get in the way like the x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The alps traverse eps i think has straps and a bow carrier on the back too that could hold sticks up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badlands super day pack would post a pic but can’t get it to work

Attachments

• 7669F07A-A31E-4C9C-A58A-00A04DA3E8EA.jpeg
    7669F07A-A31E-4C9C-A58A-00A04DA3E8EA.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 148
Would the badlands timber pack do 4 sticks? Like the big compartment for outter layers.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Kuiu packs are sold separate from the shoulder straps and belt and frame is separate too. Not cheap in the slightest but a great pack. Carries really well

Horn hunter G2. Has straps on the side. I usually put 2 sticks on each side and it carries them perfectly

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Love mine, best pack I’ve had out of a bunch of them.
Thanks for posting a link to the video. Yes; I know it was posted a while ago, but after a season of saddle hunting, the toughest part for me is finding an organized and quiet way of carrying in my gear.

I found this to be an awesome pack for carrying sticks and platform. Only selling bc I am changing my climbing method

Back