• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Recon any new mods?

Will this be your first Recon, or have you owned one in the past? It's a great saddle. I have been using mine since the beginning of last year and love it. I have done quite a few all day sits in it. I can highly recommend it.

I have toyed with making a bungee belt for the Wraptor saddle I made. It is just a cord on one side with a prussic on the other, right?

This is what I was playing around with for the Wraptor. The hardest part was figuring out the prussic cord loop length and tying that through the D ring. I am still not satisfied, so it is on the back burner.

Attachments

• belt 1.jpg
    belt 1.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Belt 2.jpg
    Belt 2.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 104
Will this be your first Recon, or have you owned one in the past? It's a great saddle. I have been using mine since the beginning of last year and love it. I have done quite a few all day sits in it. I can highly recommend it.
No I was using one last year and my back was killing me. I went back to a lockon with rock harnesses. I was on a week long hunting trip and I think some of my back problems were from my air mattress at camp!! And not the saddle had same problem this year in my beast stand.

No I was using one last year and my back was killing me. I went back to a lockon with rock harnesses. I was on a week long hunting trip and I think some of my back problems were from my air mattress at camp!! And not the saddle had same problem this year in my beast stand.
Sorry to hear about your back. I find that if I sit most of the time and lean forward into the lead strap it puts my back at a very comfortable. relaxed position. If I lean, I feel like I am using back muscles for stability, if that makes sense.

This is what I was playing around with for the Wraptor. The hardest part was figuring out the prussic cord loop length and tying that through the D ring. I am still not satisfied, so it is on the back burner.
Yes that’s basically all it is. As long as it’s pulling from the D loops on the saddle you can customize it however you want. It made a world of difference for me.

I got tired of managing the two panels and modified them to where they are always over lapped using some shock cord. I cut the stitching holding the straps together because it was preventing the straps from equalizing under pressure how I wanted. I’m probably the only one in the world using it this way but I like it.

I got tired of managing the two panels and modified them to where they are always over lapped using some shock cord. I cut the stitching holding the straps together because it was preventing the straps from equalizing under pressure how I wanted. I’m probably the only one in the world using it this way but I like it.
Do you feel like the panels move more freely or independently of each other? I may look and see what stitching you’re talking about and see if it would be better to cut those stitches out.

Do you feel like the panels move more freely or independently of each other? I may look and see what stitching you’re talking about and see if it would be better to cut those stitches out.
It’s kind of hard to describe. But I don’t really use it as a two panel but a single panel comprised of 3 straps with the middle strap being the two overlapping straps. The stitching I’m referring to is located where the straps pass through the plates. Be warned that if you remove this stitching it will no longer function as originally intended. Also I bought my recon several years ago and they may have made changes since then.

Attachments

• CE9D5A60-8BBF-4779-89E1-8D21271DE200.png
    CE9D5A60-8BBF-4779-89E1-8D21271DE200.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
I believe the stitches he is referring too are across the webbing right behind one of the plates. I seem to remember a discussion; I believe it was in the Wraptor thread where the stitches and their function was discussed in regard to the initial development of the Recon based off the old Anderson sling. I believe it had something to do with panel management.

I've made several Wraptor saddles and have not put these stitches in mine. I do have the Recon, and I have not modified it in any way since I am happy with it as is.

Just received my new Recon! Really nice they changed the buckle and have a different coating on the metal parts it doesn't make noise so far nice improvement. The buckle is like the one nuterbuster has in his YouTube video.

Just received my new Recon! Really nice they changed the buckle and have a different coating on the metal parts it doesn't make noise so far nice improvement. The buckle is like the one nuterbuster has in his YouTube video.
Show us some pics. I'm interested to see what the changes are.

That looks like the same buckle mine has. I like it. My belt's webbing is a baby blue color. It's hard to tell if yours is the same. It looks like the rubber coating on the plates has a more pebbled texture than the one I have.

Back