• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Red Beard's Knives

Hall17

If you have not already you should really think about getting yourself one of @Red Beard knives. If you are anything like me you've accumulated so many knives in your life the last thing you think you need is another knife. I started giving away all my cheaper knives that I never use to friends, cousins, etc. because I never use them. I have 2-3 knives I use on a regular basis. Two years ago my wife and I had a little boy. He's a true boy at 2 years old and it got me thinking. I want to be able to pass items along to him as he grows. So what did I decide to do, yep buy another knife. However, I wanted this one to be a generation knife. I am really excited to to cut a turkey up with it this spring and a few deer this coming season. I hope my son loves this knife as much as I do.
5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

If you have not already you should really think about getting yourself one of @Red Beard knives. If you are anything like me you've accumulated so many knives in your life the last thing you think you need is another knife. I started giving away all my cheaper knives that I never use to friends, cousins, etc. because I never use them. I have 2-3 knives I use on a regular basis. Two years ago my wife and I had a little boy. He's a true boy at 2 years old and it got me thinking. I want to be able to pass items along to him as he grows. So what did I decide to do, yep buy another knife. However, I wanted this one to be a generation knife. I am really excited to to cut a turkey up with it this spring and a few deer this coming season. I hope my son loves this knife as much as I do.
Thank you so much for the kind words buddy! Hope he loves it when you pass it on to him!

Finally finished my own personal EDC.

Last edited:
That right there is a true heirloom knife! Hope you get your turkey too!

Also, nice work Red!

Finally got around to the first sharpening. Opted to do away with the micro/compound bevel... Factory bevel was 11 or 12 degrees. I took it to 10... Hopefully hold an edge well with such an acute angle but fresh of the stone/strop it's wicked sharp. Scratches aren't as pretty as factory but it's much sharper...

Screenshot_20220320-214203~2.pngScreenshot_20220320-214200~2.pngScreenshot_20220320-214154~2.png

Back