• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Redline Torch 2 pin sight

Andrew920

SH Member
I’m looking to upgrade my current single pin slider to this Redline Torch 2 pin slider. I can’t find a whole lot of reviews from people that have actually used one, so I’m hoping someone on here has.

Anyone used this sight? I’m looking for an honest opinion on the sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only mention I've seen of them. I think they might just be too new for anyone to have a lot of experience with the torch in particular

I don’t have experience but I have messed with a bunch of the redline sights. They are okay but there is a noticeable difference in quality from other sights. I really don’t like the pin posts and think they are flimsy. The movers seem to function okay and they are serviceable.

Spott Hogg, HHA, MBG, B3 with UVA Scope, Viper in that order from a durability perspective IMHO the last three are likely somewhat interchangeable durability wise not actually interchangeable with each other……and the Viper’s slider mechanism is bombproof but the scope attachment although stainless, could be slightly more robust. I’ve never used Accel sights at all but I know many seem to like them.

Sword and Option sights are highly regarded too. Big bucks for the Option option. If I lived and hunted out west it would probably be on a bow.

Spott Hogg now makes an adapter to run a UVA scope on their sight bases too just came out this year. I like the triple stack slider though if I were to upgrade.

Spott Hogg now makes an adapter to run a UVA scope on their sight bases too just came out this year. I like the triple stack slider though if I were to upgrade.

I don’t disagree. Triple stack would be good if you could independently adjust one of them. Problem that I run into is I want a 10yd gap between my pins. The HHA Ryz, the Spot Hogg stack are both fixed and from what I can gather the gap on both is 25yds.
The only options that I’ve found that will fit having 1 pin being able to be independently adjusted is the BG Dual trac and Redline Torch.

I don’t disagree. Triple stack would be good if you could independently adjust one of them. Problem that I run into is I want a 10yd gap between my pins. The HHA Ryz, the Spot Hogg stack are both fixed and from what I can gather the gap on both is 25yds.
The only options that I’ve found that will fit having 1 pin being able to be independently adjusted is the BG Dual trac and Redline Torch.

All 3 pins on the triple stack independently adjust....the 2 pin doesn't though.

Check out CBE Tactic Hybrid 3 pin, they all adjust as well

I do not have the Redline torch (yet) but I used the RL-1 single pin slider this season and loved it. No complaints

You can call Spot Hogg and have them make any sight that is 3 pin into a 2 pin and tell them where to put each pin, size of dot, and color.

You could probably get a 2 pin slider from them.

I went to fixed sights and had them turn a 3 pin Grinder into a 2 pin to my specs. It's an upcharge of like $30. You can do it over the phone talking to the tech guy.

Spot Hoggs are generally considered one of the toughest sights made.

You can call Spot Hogg and have them make any sight that is 3 pin into a 2 pin and tell them where to put each pin, size of dot, and color.

You could probably get a 2 pin slider from them.

I went to fixed sights and had them turn a 3 pin Grinder into a 2 pin to my specs. It's an upcharge of like $30. You can do it over the phone talking to the tech guy.

Spot Hoggs are generally considered one of the toughest sights made.
I agree and they have a lifetime warranty and you can send your sight in once you get a return authorization number and they will fix it and return in short order. It’s like getting a brand new sight back they are an awesome company. And I must say it takes a a lot to damage one of their sights in the first place. Premium level products in my opinion.

Back