• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

RELAX, it's over

gumby

After 132 days of archery season, one unantlered deer per day for 132 days and three bucks for a total of 135 deer it;s over. So everyone that says if it is legal go for it that would give the green light for 135 for the season. It is a wonder we even have a deer left in Alabama.1613015789107.png

On the opposite end of the spectrum in Michigan the normal bag limit is two, unless you can manage an to get an anterless tag or two or know a farmer with crop permits he's willing to share.

Holy smokes, and I thought the 2 antlered and 2 antlerless bow limit in CT was liberal.

After 132 days of archery season, one unantlered deer per day for 132 days and three bucks for a total of 135 deer it;s over. So everyone that says if it is legal go for it that would give the green light for 135 for the season. It is a wonder we even have a deer left in Alabama.View attachment 44285
How many deer did you kill @gumby ?
I only killed 2. I think our population is safe from me at least. You gotta worry about the outlaws trying to kill everything with a heartbeat. Speaking of, did you hit your goal of 20 deer @Nutterbuster ?

This year We had 104 days at 3 antler less a day 2 bucks + bonus buck opportunities+ antler less opportunities
for 312 deer min could be 315 real easy
I killed zero this year but have killed 50+on a few years, when we had all the kids at home I would kill at least 16 deer a year. I picked up 12 deer at the processor at the same time before. lol

This year We had 104 days at 3 antler less a day 2 bucks + bonus buck opportunities+ antler less opportunities
for 312 deer min could be 315 real easy
I killed zero this year but have killed 50+on a few years, when we had all the kids at home I would kill at least 16 deer a year. I picked up 12 deer at the processor at the same time before. lol
Yea Tennessee is overrun with deer

In my zone in western KY it’s unlimited doe. You have to purchase a $15 OTC permit for every 4 deer but you can kill as many as your heart or freezer desires.

How many deer did you kill @gumby ?
I only killed 2. I think our population is safe from me at least. You gotta worry about the outlaws trying to kill everything with a heartbeat. Speaking of, did you hit your goal of 20 deer @Nutterbuster ?
I hit 11 before gun season started and realized several things.

Killing deer every weekend is almost like a part time job.

I didn't have the freezer space.

It was getting boring.

I wanted to duck hunt.

So, I went duck hunting. Killed over 100 wood ducks and some gadwall. Fair tradeoff. Ended up with 12 deer.

It was getting boring.

I wanted to duck hunt.

So, I went duck hunting. Killed over 100 wood ducks and some gadwall. Fair tradeoff. Ended up with 12 deer.
100 wood ducks...damn leave some for the rest of us....I blame Nutterbuster for the steady decline in wood ducks up here in Virginia...

100 wood ducks...damn leave some for the rest of us....I blame Nutterbuster for the steady decline in wood ducks up here in Virginia...
Nah. 2nd most common north American duck. And only a 3 bird a day bag limit down here. We have hundreds of thousands of acres of habitat right here and about a Brazilian and a half birds. Makes up for the complete lack of mallards

Nah. 2nd most common north American duck. And only a 3 bird a day bag limit down here. We have hundreds of thousands of acres of habitat right here and about a Brazilian and a half birds. Makes up for the complete lack of mallards
Just messing with you. I'd love to shoot 100, I don't have enough land to hunt to even come close plus all the wood ducks leave pretty early in our season. I only ended up hunting one day this year, the last day. Shot two green heads and it was over!

Just messing with you. I'd love to shoot 100, I don't have enough land to hunt to even come close plus all the wood ducks leave pretty early in our season. I only ended up hunting one day this year, the last day. Shot two green heads and it was over!
If you're local to alabama come on down. We have local birds that stay all year and then we get migrants. They stay solid here all season.

See up here we are overrun with mallards and black ducks and have limited wood ducks.

But remember the good ol days of 2 per day Oct 15-Jan 31?
I remember the 2 per day and i'm not sure we have recovered from that in north Alabama, for sure in BWMA. I did not kill a deer this year(had a few under my tree) but the neighbors and hunting lease folks tried their best to kill all of them.

So 132 days and I didn't kill a single deer :mad: but I could have killed some just not the ones I wanted, but I'm one proud daddy. My 17 year old boy killed 2, my 8 year old boy killed 2 (his first deer) and my 13 year old boy killed his first deer the last day of the season. So we have plenty meat and memories and smiles this season. So thankful to live in a country where we can have guns and hunt our own food. Also thankful to have a good place to hunt. God Bless American so that we keep these freedoms for my grandkids (my daughter is expecting my first grand baby):)

So 132 days and I didn't kill a single deer :mad: but I could have killed some just not the ones I wanted, but I'm one proud daddy. My 17 year old boy killed 2, my 8 year old boy killed 2 (his first deer) and my 13 year old boy killed his first deer the last day of the season. So we have plenty meat and memories and smiles this season. So thankful to live in a country where we can have guns and hunt our own food. Also thankful to have a good place to hunt. God Bless American so that we keep these freedoms for my grandkids (my daughter is expecting my first grand baby):)
Congrats on all!

It’s a long season in Alabama and I’m always a little relieved when it comes to an end. My son and I put six in the freezer this year which is right on what we were hoping for. I can’t wait for turkey season. It’s my favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was getting boring.

I wanted to duck hunt.

Got meat?

Back