• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Replacing bridge, what is your favorite?

Hall17

Looking at options to replace my stock Cruzr bridge. I have a webbing bridge on my backup Kite that is ok but I do prefer a rope bridge with a TRC 6mm double fisherman's to adjust it. For the rope bridge people, what is your favorite? I will admit I am not a huge Amsteel guy.

Also, does Cruzr use the Teufelberger KMIII in 3/8" for their stock bridge? Have not received an email back from them on that question. If so, then that'll be most likely what I stay with and I'll buy a few extra feet of it for some backup bridge material.

Amsteel is for sure butter smooth, almost too much I thought. Sometimes when I didn’t want to turn sideways and gravity did, the Amsteel and gravity where in cahoots and moving before I was ready. Conversely, my Transformer has HTP 9mm I think, which is great, but it can take a little effort to slide when turning sideways.

When I had a Mantis I added a backup RescTech bridge and thought that was perfect.

I used a sling as a bridge this last year, girth hitched on the one side, biner on the other end, the thinner profile of the narrower webbing allowed me to slide it easier inside my tether carabiner, but allowed me to open the bridge for ease of putting it on. probably my favorite bridge ive found so far, tbh adjustable bridges are nice for different situations, but i rarely used it. a fixed bridge of the desirable length is superior. if i wanted to shorten the bridge, i could remove the girth hitch and basically fold the sling in half over the other bridge loop, and a 22in bridge turns to about a 12 in bridge.
Screenshot_20220124-132910_Gallery.jpg

hey i actually realized i had a spare cruzr rope bridge that came on my saddle when i bought it, and lightly used because i replaced it shortly after getting it. if youd like it shoot me a message and we can figure it out.

Screenshot_20220124-134012_Gallery.jpg

Looking at options to replace my stock Cruzr bridge. I have a webbing bridge on my backup Kite that is ok but I do prefer a rope bridge with a TRC 6mm double fisherman's to adjust it. For the rope bridge people, what is your favorite? I will admit I am not a huge Amsteel guy.

Also, does Cruzr use the Teufelberger KMIII in 3/8" for their stock bridge? Have not received an email back from them on that question. If so, then that'll be most likely what I stay with and I'll buy a few extra feet of it for some backup bridge material.
Just curious, what didn’t you like about amsteel?

Oplux or Rescutech (both 8 mm) with 6mm TRC forming the adjustable prusik

works awesome

I'll probably never use amsteel for direct life support anything, just platforms and steps and sticks when i'm already tied in with a tether

IMO:
Rope bridge : I hate the weight of the rope bridge you generally get and its bulk. I attached a prusik for adjustability, but it interfered with sliding on the carabiner.
Amsteel bridge: (with prusik) Slides well, not bulky adjusts well. Wear and tear ..seems it will have a shorter life then rope.

Webbing bridge: admittedly This was on my 2019 saddle. Did not like the Kids color saddle. Loved the bridge,, but I would use one again if they sold it separate

I have used amsteel, 8mm oplux , and samson mercury. I don't really like how fast the amsteel wore out. The oplux was just to soft and didn't slide real good on my carabiner. Right now the mercury is my go to its just stiff enough to slide really well but soft enough to pack easily. I wish it wasn't 7/16 but........

I used a sling as a bridge this last year, girth hitched on the one side, biner on the other end, the thinner profile of the narrower webbing allowed me to slide it easier inside my tether carabiner, but allowed me to open the bridge for ease of putting it on. probably my favorite bridge ive found so far, tbh adjustable bridges are nice for different situations, but i rarely used it. a fixed bridge of the desirable length is superior. if i wanted to shorten the bridge, i could remove the girth hitch and basically fold the sling in half over the other bridge loop, and a 22in bridge turns to about a 12 in bridge.
View attachment 60711
I do this too . Love it.

Oplux or Rescutech (both 8 mm) with 6mm TRC forming the adjustable prusik

works awesome

I'll probably never use amsteel for direct life support anything, just platforms and steps and sticks when i'm already tied in with a tether
Raisins can you post a pic? I just switched to the resctech and got the sterling trc cord too. I’m thinking if I make an adjustable bridge, I can lose the second one. Anywho, I’d love to see it.

9mm HTP with 7mm Sterling Accessory Cord. I do not use Amstel for life safety, and I find the HTP isn't so slick that I turn without wanting to. I had tried OpLux and it was okay, I personally don't like TRC cord tied in a Prusik. If there was a better 6mm cord I'd give Resc Tech a try. I am trying Edelrid 6mm Aramid cord for hitches presently. It is stiff but bites well in a Distel Hitch on 8.9mm dynamic rope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9mm HTP with 7mm Sterling Accessory Cord. I do not use Amstel for life safety, and I find the HTP isn't so slick that I turn without wanting to. I had tried OpLux and it was okay, I personally don't like TRC cord tied in a Prusik. If there was a better 6mm cord I'd give Resc Tech a try. I am trying Edelrid 6mm Aramid cord for hitches presently. It is stiff but bites well in a Distel Hitch on 8.9mm dynamic rope.

This works for me on Oplux

What is your hiccup with the TRC? Just looking for insight as I use it currently and like it but also have not explored other options as well

This works for me on Oplux

I've looked at that and have a Jammy. What I don't like is the MBS is almost half of 7mm accessory cord and the Edelrid 6mm cord is rated at like 20kN.

I have often wondered if the description of that cordage is incorrect.

Back