• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Repurposed water cooler jug

243SuperRC

Had several water cooler jugs sitting around that needed a new life. Got the idea from the 5 gallon bucket DIY feeders floating around on the Internet. Trimmed a limb to fit loosely in the mouth of the jug. Drilled a 9/16 hole thru limb. Drilled 3/8 hole thru jug for bolt. If the deer don't like it, I am sure the squirrels and raccoons will.image.jpeg

I have done this before with the 5 gal buckets but the water cooler looks much better as it has that funneled neck that feeds everything down and out where it would get stuck in the bottom of the bucket. Is the bottom cut off and removable to make it easily refillable?

I hope it works for you, good design and repurpose! In this part of NC, our deer are so skittish it took them a full year before they stopped avoiding a 55 gallon spin feeder on private land. That was one hand winched 15 ft high from a limb too in a huge tree. Bump feeders and low level feeders just don't work here.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I have done this before with the 5 gal buckets but the water cooler looks much better as it has that funneled neck that feeds everything down and out where it would get stuck in the bottom of the bucket. Is the bottom cut off and removable to make it easily refillable?
The bottom is not removable, but that is a good modification to consider. I will have to remove the jug from the tree, remove the stick, and use a large funnel to fill with corn.

Heck I’m wondering if it would work for sweet feed for my goats! Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck I’m wondering if it would work for sweet feed for my goats! Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yyyyyuuuuummmmm......goat it’s what’s for dinner!!! Love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back