• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Return of the aluminum "Autumn Hunter" arrows

TradBowGuy

SH Member
The "Southern End" of Lancaster County, PA
FYI- For those that remember the old Easton "Autumn Hunter" arrows-3 Rivers Archery must have made some arrangement with Easton-They are now offering the same color orange shafts, named "Traditional Only," at a decent price...for those who want to take a trip down memory lane! The same shafts are currently not listed on the Easton website, so it looks to me like a 3 Rivers exclusive. They appear to be made from the same material as Easton's Camo Hunter shafts.

Those were my first ever arrow shafts! XX75 size 2016. They were pushed by a 50lb Browning Deluxe Nomad II compound bought mail order direct from Gander Mountain. What are they asking for them?

So many other options now victory, black eagle, gold tip, in many more categories and sizes….. Easton basically is specializing mostly in higher end target shafts but if you go into an archery shop what do you see mostly anymore. Not much Easton. I don’t like it as I think Easton is/was a pioneer in archery but they’re not the same. Market share eroding imho.

You're right about all the other options, and I do tend to lean towards some of them myself. I wish easton had a little more variety, more options in the gpi department mostly. I do wonder if that's regional though, I can get Eastons practically anywhere around here. GT is pretty hard to find, black eagle is hit or miss. I'm told Victory is going to be stocked but I'm not holding my breath. Only tangentially related but I did find a shop that will order me anything I want and stocks bareshafts! He'll look up prices on Lancaster and sell them cheaper , pretty awesome!

So many other options now victory, black eagle, gold tip, in many more categories and sizes….. Easton basically is specializing mostly in higher end target shafts but if you go into an archery shop what do you see mostly anymore. Not much Easton. I don’t like it as I think Easton is/was a pioneer in archery but they’re not the same. Market share eroding imho.
Could maybe say they haven't brought anything new to the table. Or at least exciting. With all the other brands they have pushed some kinda marketing plan. Easton to me is making the same good arrows my grandfather hunted with. They work. They are good. No one ever says anything bad about them. But they haven't been pushing into the FOC market that I have seen. They are leaving some customers out.

Easton still makes the most spine consistent shafts across the dozen. I have tried many other arrows and always come back to Easton.

Could maybe say they haven't brought anything new to the table. Or at least exciting. With all the other brands they have pushed some kinda marketing plan. Easton to me is making the same good arrows my grandfather hunted with. They work. They are good. No one ever says anything bad about them. But they haven't been pushing into the FOC market that I have seen. They are leaving some customers out.

The entire marketing of their Tapered arrows is they offer 30% more FOC than a conventional shaft.

Easton just doesn’t do a lot of marketing across the board. They really don’t need to They have other streams of income and sell their carbon to other manufacturers.

Nothing straighter or more consistent than aluminum. Easton is a sports company......who makes primarily aluminum products like baseball and softball bats. Arrows are a convienant revenue source if you're already manufacturing the metal into other products.
I doubt they care about carbon since they are the #1 source for anything aluminum.

Nothing straighter or more consistent than aluminum. Easton is a sports company......who makes primarily aluminum products like baseball and softball bats. Arrows are a convienant revenue source if you're already manufacturing the metal into other products.
I doubt they care about carbon since they are the #1 source for anything aluminum.

I don’t know man I think Hockey sticks and golf shafts are a pretty large market for carbon fiber.

Wish they would make 2020 still
My daughters say I'm in the geezer class but I remember the old bowhunters I used to know who loved, used and highly recommended the 2020 size shafts as well. Just the right size and weight!

Are these all the thick diameter shafts? I always had trouble knowing what shafts would work or be equivalent to the other shafts I was using. What’s the first and second number stand for again?

Are these all the thick diameter shafts? I always had trouble knowing what shafts would work or be equivalent to the other shafts I was using. What’s the first and second number stand for again?
No, the first number is the diameter of the shaft in 64ths of an inch and the second number is the wall thickness in .0001 of an inch if I remember correctly.

Back