• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ridge Runner 2.0?

jiwhite86

Anybody have one that would like to share some info on them? How about packing dimensions when folded up? Really liking the looks of it, just very little info/reviews on them.

Anybody have one that would like to share some info on them? How about packing dimensions when folded up? Really liking the looks of it, just very little info/reviews on them.
I don’t own one but I tried it out over the summer. It’s great and has a lot of space. I would recommend it

I’m sure the build quality will be excellent given the manufacturer. I’ve been on the original ridge runner for a few seasons and the 2.0 looks like it fixed all my complaints with the 1.0

I purchased one this summer. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one. Bites the tree like crazy. I’ve found setting it like the LWCG Fix works the best. I’ve used the strap that comes with it and the PSH from VGO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one setup for no sticking. Really compact and locks the tree nicely. This is with harken 150, 3/16th full bury, and 4 step amsteel aider. Comes in right at 5lbs. Were there other questions?
0e71d54e0258aeaee74c926986e5a2b5.jpg

bef87d41cee66de6ded7a70cfeb221ce.jpg

When it’s folded up, what are the dimensions form the edge of the platform to the edge of the “bottom stand-off “? In other words, what are the packed dimensions of it?

When it’s folded up, what are the dimensions form the edge of the platform to the edge of the “bottom stand-off “? In other words, what are the packed dimensions of it?

Working right now, but when I get home I will get those measurements for you.

I also have the RR 2.0. Not trying to steal the thunder. The folded up dimensions are 11.5” deep (front edge of platform to the tip of the longest tooth on the bottom bracket), 16 3/8” wide, 3.25” thick (bottom of the platform to the top face of the folded top bracket.)

Also wanted to add that I feel that the RR2 is very underrated. I’ve seen/heard almost no one talking about it, no videos, etc. But like it has been said before, it checkmarks some boxes the RR1 did not for me. It may weigh a pound more than other options out there now, but makes up for it in the ability to fold up, and performance on the tree. There is no kick out of any kind that I’ve noticed. Takes any kind of pressure, side pressure etc. you throw at it. The double step on the top of the post is awesome for propping your feet up on when sitting and helping maneuver around the tree. The main platform is the perfect size/dimensions for comfortably standing up if you want to. And of course is great for leaning. There’s just really nothing bad I can say about it. Highly recommended here.

I also have the RR 2.0. Not trying to steal the thunder. The folded up dimensions are 11.5” deep (front edge of platform to the tip of the longest tooth on the bottom bracket), 16 3/8” wide, 3.25” thick (bottom of the platform to the top face of the folded top bracket.)

No problem here. Glad you could step in get him the answers sooner. And agree with everything shared.

Awesome. Thanks guys!

I've currently got a 1.0 and I really really like it. Don't have too many issues setting it up, but I do wish it was a little more narrow when packing up. It sounds like the 2.0 will pack better, and obviously be easier to set in the tree. Guess I need to wait for one of those site wide sales now :grimacing:

[mention]jiwhite86 [/mention] If you get one, I’ve found that setting it to the tree like the LWCG fix works really well and locks it down crazy tight. This is with the original strap and the VGO PSH. [mention]Westdesign03 [/mention] [mention]Crcusmonky [/mention] have you seen similar results?

Back