• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ridge Runner pack

michigandrake

Setting up for the Michigan late bow season. Going to all fixed stick sets from here on out and probably in 2020 as well. So I set up my scouting sling pack to carry my Ridge Runner. Added a couple of the elastic Molle clips and a loop of cord to the platform. It holds really solid and the pack is easy to wrap around to the front at the top of the stick. The pack lays right across my linemans rope when you wrap it around so it is really easy to get the platform off and set to the tree. 9 lbs fully loaded but probably 7.5 lbs or so for the average hunt. Might be a bit of a brush catcher but I think being able to swing it to my side or in front of me if necessary will help. I should be right around 20lbs for the saddle, pack/platform and bow.
.20191128_080950.jpg20191128_081006.jpg20191128_081018.jpg

So are you keeping it hooked onto your pack when you're ready to attach it to tree? You get the strap around then tree then unhook from pack once its partially set?

So are you keeping it hooked onto your pack when you're ready to attach it to tree? You get the strap around then tree then unhook from pack once its partially set?
I keep it on the pack until I am at the top of my stick. Then I swing the pack around my body to the front and rest it across my linemans. From there I remove the stand, sling the pack back behind me and install platform. The pack never leaves my body so not danger of dropping it. Really impressed with how solid the platform holds to the pack.

I have the same pack. It’s my go to pack now. I prefer a sling and it forces me to bring minimal gear. I don’t have ridge runner but I strap my WE steps and perch to it.

I am trying to figure out a way to carry the ridge runner inside the pack and three helium sticks on the outside. Does anyone have any pictures or ideas? I would also like to pack in a cold-weather top and other essentials.

Looks good. I’m having DanO make a fleece satchel sized to fit my Ridge Runner. I’ll post my results when I get to try it out.
Please do this Dan O I will purchase one as well!!! Make it out of saddlecloth if possible for durability. My Ridge Runner can be "sharp" in certain spots.

Please do this Dan O I will purchase one as well!!! Make it out of saddlecloth if possible for durability. My Ridge Runner can be "sharp" in certain spots.

I am having mine made from Predator Fleece, but DanO suggested having a cordura backing on the inside to protect against the teeth.

Did this Ridge Runner pouch ever get made?

It did not. Other projects, I guess. Anyway, I ended up vet taping pretty much my whole Ridgerunner. Now I can just clip it to my saddle or pack with a biner.

I am trying to figure out a way to carry the ridge runner inside the pack and three helium sticks on the outside. Does anyone have any pictures or ideas? I would also like to pack in a cold-weather top and other essentials.

Get a Badlands Superday pack. The RR platform will fit in main compartment turned edgeways. Your sticks will lash to back with attached straps. The older version has 3 straps which I like better than the newer packs with only two. Works great and has many other compartments for other things as well.

Back